• Show
Clear All

okay
    little vid from the other evening
    5'11" K2.1 thruster setup
    feels good

https://vimeo.com/44228794

Comment

Great video Deon, board looks like a magic carpet!

Comment

one of ya best deon...yeeeeeeeew.....looks like it ran well without pumping and bouncing between sections....

Comment

and hows the local knowledge...straight thru the keyhole in the twilight.....

Comment

I'd be tripping out surfing there at dusk/dark.......

Comment

haha
              I need to have that keyhole sussed
              I'm normally the last guy out trying to squeeze in 3 waves in 20minutes after work
              its a good board, hard to fault it

Comment

sik

Comment

Great vid and some nice little cover ups. How big were the waves, chest high?

Comment

prob closer to head high+
                    the last barrel in the dark was a full on stand up

Comment

yeah Chuy and I were watching it and had to use your hand as scale. If you look closely at Deon's hand while mid barrel-thread, you can tell its bigger and much more open...

Comment

Hi Deon, very evocative vid with that "keep it coming" anticipation that predictable barrels have. Had one or two of those last month in the Maldives, quite a treat. Do you know Des Sawyer? Hung out with him at the World Juniors at Piha when his son was representing South Africa a couple of years ago.

Comment

haha Chris - that hand of mines always there guiding the way, old habit
                          Piha - yes, know them well - Steven (Des's son) is one the best young surfers around - really good style, fast and critical

Comment

Wow, what a marvelous vid.

I've been contemplating a board from the HP section for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                              I'd be tripping out surfing there at dusk/dark.......
                              and not just about getting through the keyhole in one piece!

Nice video and some seemless editing, for a while I thought it was one continuous wave. Never been there but know it can go for a bit if the sections link up.

Comment

Deon, how do you find the HZ works with the El Fuego in the same quiver? Is there much adjustment when you switch between them?

Comment

Working...
                                X