X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'6" Dom, what size HellRazor?

My go to board for North East (NY) beach break and some point break surf has been my 5'6" Dominator. My weight fluctuates between 168 pounds (76kg) and 175 pounds (79.5kg) plus winter rubber. I don't have the chance to feel one up but I'm thinking 5'11".

So what do you guys think?

Would this be a perfect step up from my dominator when the waves get good?

yeah 511 all the way. that is the one!!

Comment

Thanks Chris, by the time this thread posted I had already ordered the 5'11"(impatient). This is replacing a Coil that I had a not so favorable experience with that was pretty much the same size but instead had a deep single concave and a round tail.

Kdropin and I will be Hellrazing in NY.

Comment

well played!

Comment

Originally posted by drtrdr View Post
          Thanks Chris, by the time this thread posted I had already ordered the 5'11"(impatient). This is replacing a Coil that I had a not so favorable experience with that was pretty much the same size but instead had a deep single concave and a round tail.

Kdropin and I will be Hellrazing in NY.
          giggidy!

Comment

Hey drtrdr, let us know how it goes with your 5'11. I'm about the same size and I ordered a HZ 6'3 for the bigger waves as it is the same volume as my Spitfire. Kdropin got a 6'1 so in between the three of us I hope at least one of us is right!

Comment

I definitely will. This board is going to be my chest to 2-3ft OH board. I have ridden the Dom in 8ft+ point surf so I think this will go well in those sizes and be more rippable. I always under volume or go on the low side of volume but thinking back to some of the great boards I have had I might get one high volume poly to play around with this winter. Low volume is great for 3 of the 4 seasons but in the dead of winter it sucks for more than a 2 hour session.

Comment

Working...
              X