X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireWire fun bag

So I've been commenting here and there on different boards trying to get down a solid set of 3-5 boards but keep finding that I am starting to like all of them.... I'm 170 before my 43 wetsuit with boots and gloves 6 feet tall... I ride a 510 Dom for mush and 6'2 alt the 2'3/8 one for better days. My Dom is my super mush board(1-4ft groveler) and I'm selling the alt to go towards some new gear. If anyone could help me build my arsenal that would be appreciated. Other than the Dom for super low end I like the 6'6 or 6'8 flexfire step ups no sure which one to go for... And I need 3 boards to fill in the gaps. I like the sub scorcher, stealth, hellrazor and the bourez... Any help would be appreciated!

Sounds like you're in a similar boat to me. I've been trying to get a good little quiver dialed with boards that are purely functional rather than every board that I like. I'm about the same size as you too.

Currently I'm using a 5'8" Spitfire for 2-3ft slopey stuff and a 6'0" CBD Taj which is very similar to the 6'0" MB for good conditions. I have a 5'2" Sweet Potato coming any day now for 1-2ft stuff and I've been shuffling around boards to fill the 2-4ft wobbly days where sections can stand up steep or vanish just as quickly. I find the Spitfire too wide for days like this.
    I had a 5'8" Sub Scorcher which was good as long as it wasn't too sucky and felt a little small when the waves were overhead.
    I was eyeing up the 5'11" Hell Razor. I reckon that'll be a great one but in the end opted for the 5'10" Minnie Driver because I love that round tail. Won't get to try it until September though.

Step up wise I'd go 6'6" I think.
    Last edited by Phill; 06-25-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

PRJ you'll trip on that little potato!!! guaranteed!!!

Comment

can't wait :D

Comment

i think you are going to get robbed on your way home and you'll never know how it rides....you'll be left staring into the sunset....every day...for eternity....driven mad by the longing...the wondering...and the lingering unanswered questions deteriorating your once stable psyche....

That's my take...

Comment

You'll feel bad if that happens....

Comment

actually i might be more creeped out that that horrible of a coincidence actually happened. then I would sell tickets for psychic shows and tour the world BSing my way to celebrity.

If that happens then you have my permission to come to one of the shows and heckle me into an early retirement.

Comment

hahaha it's a deal

Comment

But Jeremy, to get this back on track, I did send you an email response to your email you sent me.

Thanks

Comment

yup that email helped a lot. im still bent on what i should grab for my hpsb. im stuck between the hellrazor and the mb. since the 602 2'3/8 alt that i rock has about 30 l of volume do you think i should go for the 600 thick bourez which is 29.9 L or do you think i could handle the change down to 27.7 litres.?

Comment

Hi,
                      I have that 6'2" alt at 2 3/8 as well (and love it) and the figure I got from Nev a while back was 28.7 litres. I now really enjoy the MB at 29.9 but I also weigh in at close to 90kgs. It is only a 1 litre / 2.8% step in either direction for you so I guess while it won't matter too much, it depends how you feel on the Alt and whether you want a teeny tiny little more or less float. (MB weighs 168 and rides the thick 5'10" at 27.2 litres)

I'm finding that my MB covers anything I could surf the alt in (this model alt also has more rocker than the current version) but offers higher performance and response. Certainly it does go best in better waves.

Comment

Here's the only reason I'm hesitating on the thick version. Does the 2'9/16 make you stand higher off the water than say a 6'0 sleath?? Because the bourez is thicker but the stealth has more volume.... Is it volume or thickness that kills the performance?

Comment

I don't think it is as simply as volume vs thickness. I would suggest that the MB "package" is more high performance. even if it is slightly thicker or a couple of litres more than the Stealth.
                          Was out on mine again this morning 3-4 foot peaks and go to say again "I love it." It is one smooth board.

Comment

Hmm ok I think I'm going to go for the 600 thick... My only worry is that the bourez model is thicker than my 510 dominator.. But because it has less volume overall does that mean I won't ride as high on the water ? Or will I ride higher because of the greater thickness?? I really am looking forward to the thick version but that sounds super thick.. Are the rails atleast super thin? Like does it dome out a ton??

Comment

And could anyone verify that the gen 1 alternator 6'2 2'38 are around 28.7 liters because I have a few different volume estimates on that board

Comment

Working...
                              X