Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The JacKnife can definately handle better waves than the Dominator and probably even the Activator ans the rocker is so similar to the Dominator.

I have tried to do a few comparison shots to the Hellrazor below:

Attachment Attachment Attachment

The first 2 shots the JacKnife is on the left and in the last shot the JK is on top.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Fazza, what is the bottom contour on the JK? Just curious.

Comment

there are barrels in your neck of the woods kdropin...

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
          Hey Fazza, what is the bottom contour on the JK? Just curious.
          would I be correct in assuming it has a single concave bottom?

Comment

Slowman,

Sorry didn't reply earlier I have been on holidays in Melbourne for that last week, missed a fantastic week of surf.

The bottom contour of that board is a single into a double with a slight V.

Regards
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Fazza View Post
              Slowman,
              The bottom contour of that board is a single into a double with a slight V.

Regards
              Craig
              Craig, thanks, sounds like an absolute ripper. Regards, (another) Craig!
              Last edited by Slowman; 09-19-2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I think thats why I like the board so much.........single into double helps with speed and lift and the little bit of V and a little more tail rocker helps with the rail to rail transitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  there are barrels in your neck of the woods kdropin...
                  yes when it turns on it is pretty special for sure.. been pretty special here lately.. stoked

Comment

Although they are very diferent looking, what would be the diference in surfng feeling and wave range between the jacknife and MB model?

Comment

HSO

The MB really likes good, clean, punchy waves and probably can handle a bigger wave but i do find it harder to paddle into waves.

The JacKnife can handle a pretty decent wave, it is nice and fast, lose, easy to turn. It does still prefer a wave with a bit of push, the board is so much fun and i really don't see myself taking the MB out unless it is really good/solid.

I am amazed as to how well The JacKnife performs. I surfed it in 3-6ft waves and it can handle fast punchy hollow waves. I find that I am getting into the waves early and that board just takes off. It is really fast down the line and seems to be easy to turn though I haven't had lots of waves with much of a wall…just get up and go ones so far but on a couple that I have had with a wall the board has a nice feel to it and you can stay high in the wave if you need to.

So far I am really stoked with the board and even though it is a hybrid it seems to show some HP characteristics and you tend to forget that it is a hybrid and not a HP short board.

Comment

Thank you for your help. Probably JK is a better allround board for average joe.

Comment

HSO

I think it can handle a pretty good wave range as long as they have a little bit of push to them.

Comment

Fazza are you preferring your jk to your hellrazor?

Comment

Magnet,

Good question. I have been surfing the JacKnife at the same surf spots i would surf the Hellrazor so it can definitely handle the same waves. I do find that it is a little easier to get into the waves as there is a bit more width forward of centre which you really don't notice. It doesn't seem to surf or feel like it is a hybrid when you are on the wave and it is pretty refined through the nose and tail.

I haven't thought to myself that i which I had the Razor today. I did snap the JacKnife :( and went back to surfing the Razor for a week or so while i was waiting for a new one to arrive. I enjoyed surfing the Razor again and it felt good but i did find myself thinking that i wish i was on the JacKnife.

I do think the JacKnife is going to be one of those under rated boards as it has been placed in the Performance Hybrid sections but to me i find it performs just as well as the Razor in the same waves, i find it turns a little easier and is probably a little more forgiving.

I do need to spend more time surfing it but so far i am really loving the feel of the board and am probably still slightly torn between the 2 but will probably surf the JacKnife more.

Comment

yeah guys in my opinion the jacknife is a board that rides like it has a longer rail and a little less curve, so fast and drivey off the bottom and super reliable in down the line waves. The hellrazor brings in a bit more curve to the template by coming to a narrower tail without a wing, giving the board a shorter rail feeling and the flexibility to surf short, snappy and tight. Those are the major differences in my opinion. They really are geared for similar power and comparable waves but will suit different styles better...

cheers and hope this helps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X