X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fcs Fins for my JK 6'0 ?

I d like to know which Fins could i choose for this board ? Type of the wave i surf : 2ft-5ft

I m 170 cm / 75 kgs .

hey raycas,

do you have FCS or Futures boxes?

Comment

Fcs box !

Comment

No answers ?!

Comment

If you want something snappy I'd go JW1 is you want something drivey for big carves I'd go for the Fanning template.

Comment

For a sensational loose quad that pivots like a thruster: TC redlines in the front and TC aqualines in the rear. I was initially using my favourite R2 quads and realised it wasn't as loose as my hellfire so I put these in and the change was magic. R2 thruster works OK too but I'll bet the TC redline front fins combined with the TC aqualine centre fin would be a fantastic thruster combo.

The rail template of the JK is already thin and sensitive and provides plenty of drive along with the plan shape, I found I didn't really need extra drive, that said though TC redlines have plenty but are still loose but just go for the smaller aqualines at the back (whether you go quad or thruster).
            Last edited by Slowman; 04-20-2013, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks for you for yours help !

Comment

I use the Parko Kinetic Racing fins on my Futura which is much the same as the Jacknife. Great fins.

Comment

The shop where i bought the JK , gave me m5 rear front and GL back . I don t know if it s really the good fins .......

Comment

For all you FCS peeps, raycas73 needs a little hand choosing some fins for his Jacknife.
                    Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by raycas73 View Post
                      The shop where i bought the JK , gave me m5 rear front and GL back . I don t know if it s really the good fins .......
                      I hate plastic fins...but you are lucky the shop gave you fins. In Australia all Firewire boards are sold without fins.

Because you are a medium weight, those fins might be OK for you. You'll just have to try them....then when you have finished wasting time, go with the recommendation I gave you before! Actually, the TC Aqualine all round might work for you ...that at least will save you buying 2 sets of fins, but get a 5 fin set this board goes well as a quad and a thruster.

Comment

You guys love quads! Heaps of folk talk about their quads here but I hardly ever see anyone using a quad set up. Not that there's anything wrong with quads of course! Kelly and Joel seem to go ok on them!

If you do want to experiment with thrusters my two favourite fins at the moment are K3's and the Joel Parko Kinetic Racing fins. It has nothing to do with superstar endorsement, and all to do with how those fins combine drive with looseness. I also quite like the GAM which is a bit bigger.

You can try out the JP5 or the K3 as a thruster and just whack some QPX trailers to use them in a quad set up. Use the PC version though if you can.

The best fin is the best one for you. There's no objectively "better" fin. And IMHO there's not a game changing difference between fins- I wouldn't invest too much energy in the decision.

So buzzy's tip is K3 and JP5 plus QPX trailers. Covered...if you like the sort of fin I like!
                        Last edited by buzzy; 04-26-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Ha ha, I only like good quads! Some don't cut it. I still have a couple of thrusters in my quiver (I only list my FW quiver here) and believe the extra drag of a thruster is what you want as the size and speed of a waves increases. My HF at double overhead just gets too skatey and too fast to control, though the JK never seems to because it is a much more refined board but it too would at its upper limit I suspect.

Comment

Working...
                          X