Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, do you think a potatonator in 5'4" and a JK in 5'10" are a "killer quiver" for waves of 2ft to 8ft. I'm 41, 5'58, 156 pds, "inter / experienced shortboarder", and i search boards with mix of easy/fun surf and performance. PN for smaller, weaker conditions until 5 ft and JK for everything and most hollow and consistants waves until 8 ft. Unless, JK is the only board to have ? Thank you for your answers and opinion.
    Last edited by guigoon; 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

That sounds like a good combo. If you can, go for the PN as your small wave board and the JK as your better wave board. You'll be happy with the two options given whatever condition you come across. A one board quiver has pros a cons. Pros: you'll learn to master that one board because you'll be on it in small and large surf. Cons: if the waves are too small, it will be more challenging. The PN is an awesome small wave board and thought I've never ridden the Jackknife, I've heard good things and it sounds like you like that board.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Josh, I would say I'm a solid intermediate or a bit better. If I bought a SF of the rack I would go 5'10'', I think. Just thinking if I can ride eficiently the 5'8'' in small stuf, as I saw a second hand one.
        (PS: In the other end of the quiver, a board like a 6'4'' round tail alternator is needed in FW lineup)
        Cheers

Comment

Bought today a PN 5'8''. Hope to try it soon. Looks very goog in flash. It seems to me it has a concave deck.

Comment

Working...
          X