X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a replacement for the futura?

All the dims look very similar, I really liked the futura but the shape is looking a bit tired. Very interested in a 5'10 jackknife as a step up to my 5'6 spit. When are they available in the uk? Can I pre order?

Hey Baker,
    Its a little bit of an extension of the Futura, but its a bit more high performance. Its got a bit more length added to it and is a little bit thinner. it would compliment the spotty real nicely.

Regarding special orders yeah you can, but given your location, it would be a little while.

Use my email below is you want to get on a special order...

Thanks!!

Comment

Thanks for the update chris, think this may be too refined for my needs. Looking for similar float and rocker line as the spit but with a bit more length.

Comment

Activator?

Comment

I can say the nose, tail and rails on a Futura are fairly refined - more so than a Hellfire and probably a touch thinner than an Alternator. However, because the Alt has less width I'd say overall it is more refined than a Futura in the sense it probably will perform slightly better in better waves - early days though and preliminary impressions. That said the Jacknife would need to be quite refined indeed to be noticeably more refined than a Futura given its apparent planshape and the similarities in dimensions at given lengths.

Comment

Yeah good stuff Buzzy.

Prj, by the time you get to the nose and tail of a Futura, there eis certainly less volume.

Comment

Prj - Looked at the Activator in DTL Hayle but very similar to the Dom for me, too much in the nose and tail still.
              Buzzy - Agree with you on the Futura, the 5'10 i had, although wide at 19 1/2 it was very thin in the nose and tail and needed at least head high to get it going properly.

I'd like an alternator at 5'9 or 5'10 - 19 1/4 - 2 1/4 = 28 litres float. I think the only way to get a board like that is CBD or go less on width and get a Michel Borez model but he's a heavy guy and i'm only 68kg?

I'll keep looking!

Comment

Just to add i really liked the look of the 5'8 sub scorcher, just don't know it its too similar to the Spit and wont accomplish anything when the surf gets bigger. I just felt a bit like a pea in a drum on my 5'6 when the surf got overhead the other day!

Overall 5'9 is as big as i would like to go...

Comment

Bang i'm done...looks like a 5'10 stealth is the go! 5'10 x 19 x 2 1/4 = 27.8 litres. Search over!

Comment

Good choice! Yeah the sub is fun but feels short when it's over head. Thats why I shifted mine. Bit flat and wide in nose too for steeper stuff.
                    Mini Driver looks solid, Stealth should be good. Looks of positive feedback on that one!

Comment

prj - took a gander at the mini online and it looks fun, I guess you're slightly taller and heavier than me so the 5'10 will suit you good. I just hope i'm not going too big with the 5'10 stealth but I think the refined profile makes it right, just seems weird to jump 4 inches longer.

Comment

Stealth should be good if that's your volume.
                        I was in DTL today, still love the look of the 511 HellRazor

Comment

Working...
                        X