Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 6'6 doesn't paddle as hard as it looks like it would...its deceiving...coming back to our senses after the slater/herring/Merrick/Webber rocker wars, rockers got interesting...they became multi-staged..(or maybe they were before?.. Nev will know better than me)...this has extreme flip for late drops, then backs off a bit further down the entry into a flatter section (but still curvy) for paddling, then holds this until at the front fins it flips heavily (looks broken and bent at first glance) and thins out dramatically..(this is taj's tail but 15 years earlier)...

Comment

Yeah I find my CBD paddles really well considering the rocker. Maybe not super fast on the flats but it gets into waves easy and usually only with a couple of strokes.

Comment

Core, your posts are legend dude. just come off another thread , been mulling over a ALT vs MB model. always worried about volume, since i to am slightly on the heavier side, 80-82kgs 6ft and i surf with 3/4 plus extras down here in Cape Town. it looks like the thicker 6" MB model will be perfect for what i want to and waves i want to target!

Comment

yeah just caught your other posts earlier...if your legs push it hard you will love that mb....i'm thinking of getting the 6'0 (which is what i should be on anyway) now as i have dropped back to 90kg (even 88 some days) and am now back in a springy or shorts...the last couple of surfs in juice i have had trouble dominating the foam on the 6'2 thin..if i shorten things a bit it should click for me again...or do i get a razor...and do i get the 6'3 or 6'1...or do i replace my broken flexy..... hhmmmm

if you dont have a fin in mind, then depending how hard you push, start with the jc or ea templates in blackstix (softer flex) or honeycomb if you put the boot in...

Comment

choices choices bru. my ideal scenario is that i get the MB this year - ride it a bit in summer waves to get a feel then when
            winter comes i`ll have it dialled in....hopefully. following that i`ll go into the more hybrid "fun boards" like the hellfire - although by some of your other posts that sounds insane as well! i have also recently been going over the Futures was looking at the JC looks like a great template as i am not yet a fins free kinda surfer but i do like to put it on the rail.

Comment

yep jc for rail work... more tip area... less base to compensate... i love em... you can still bust them free with a weight shift to the front foot...

Comment

MB 6'0 thick

Yeah Im looking at a MB 6'0" thick Im 175lbs 5'10" and been surfing for over 30 yrs I own a Dom 5"10 & ALT 6'2 absolutely love them. Anyone with any juice spill it.!!!!

Comment

Yeah right on target there cucuson. exactly what i would be suggesting.

Comment

Thx for the heads up Chris,already on order let you know how it goes!!

Comment

stoked!! enjoy!!

Comment

Yeah Chris y finally got my MB 6'0 thick the board looks amazing tried it in head high to a foot overhead semy glass waves not the best conditions and it felt good in some waves not that good in others MB with blacksticks FJC1 second time around similar conditions changed up the fins to techflex AM2 and yeeww what a difference, the board reacted on a dime solid bottom turns snappy hacks of the top really felt the board under my feet. For me thats the perfect fin for that board cant wait to try it in really good waves Iam sure the boards going to go amazing!!! thx

Comment

yeah its kind of surprising how big of a difference fin choice makes. keep ripping!!

Comment

try the jc in honeycomb....totally different from the blakstix...sooooo much more free and alive than the am2's techflex...but thats in the 602 models, so try it and see....

Comment

'tis a good one core!

Comment

Working...
                              X