X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mb vs sub scorcher

I'm looking for a short board for shoulder to head and a half, sometimes windy, fatter waves. I'm 30 yro, intermediate and surf usually Oahu south shore, maybe north shore 20% of the time. Does anyone have any feed back with either shape for such conditions? I understand the sub can grovel better but which would be more versatile overall?

Thanks

The Sub has a pretty low rocker, especially in the nose. You've also ride it at least 2" shorter than the MB.
    The MB has a full, continuous rocker that fits well in steeper waves but it carries enough thickness to be versatile in smaller waves.
    The Sub might struggle at the top end of your spectrum.

A good vesatile option could also be the mini driver or hell razor, on the uni brow that is coming next year.

Comment

Never try a Sub but I have MB 6.0(thick).MB is a hpsb and is better in good shape waves with enough power to go on...if you need a board for windy, fatter waves try an other option good luck..

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I was frothing over the Mini Driver but should add that this is to compliment a 6'1 elf and I am looking for something to surf top to bottom more. I think someones review mention the mini was more a down the line style board.

Comment

It's a whole lot more top to bottom than the El Fuego. It's just not going to be quite as tight in the pocket as something with a full performance rocker like the MB.

Comment

Working...
          X