X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mb 6.0 +1

Hi. I`m going to peniche on holydays this summer and getting a new board.

I`ve pretty much landed on the thin MB 6.0.

I`m bringing my beloved 5.10 hellfire as well, as it`s proberly gonna be flat most of the time.
    I do have a question though, if I got the cash I might get another board.

And I would like some imput...

Been looking at the minidriver 5,10 hellrazor 5,11 and dominator 5,8.

What would you get?

Based on the boards you already have the Dominator is going to add the most to your quiver by giving you a good small wave option. The others will overlap with the MB and HF. Depends what you're after though.

Comment

Yeah sorry I`ve got a few other boards I forgot to mention. An old beat up channel island biscuit 5,8 as small wave board. But I seem to take out the hellfire most of the time.
      But the Dom might be alot better than the biscuit...?
      The biscuit is just too much board for me, so I`m worried that the Dom might feel too fat too, allthough it`s smaller than the biscuit.
      How is the Dom on rail? Does it feel loose and floaty?

But I see your point, just so tempting to get a another one like the hellfire...just cause it`s been used so much....
      Guess I don`t have to tell you guys about how hard it is to decide..

Comment

Yeah the 508 Dom/Spitfire are fun boards but depending on your weight they can be pretty floaty. As long as the waves are steep and powerful then they feel good on rail, if it's steeper I find them a little hard to do a committed turn on and tend to surf a little more laterally.

Something like the new Tomo Vanguard model could be a lot of fun for medium waves and a different feel...

Yeah it's hard to settle for just a couple of boards. I always meant to stick to 2 or 3 but I can't resist some of the new ones and like the oldies too much to get rid of them.

Comment

Fred, from my experience the Biscuit and the Dominator are very different boards. The Biscuit's fat rails and V bottom make it feel like a very small longboard to me. Very much on top of the water. In comparison, the Dominator is still a lot of volume but it's much more connected to the water and it's very rail sensitive. I can catch waves just as easily on the Dom, but I can surf it much more like a short board. Just make sure that you get the right size (lean to the smaller side).

Comment

Thank you. That was very helpful indeed. I`ll proberly go for the dom or the spitfire if I got the bucks.

Anybody know if any of the surfshops in peniche holds firewire? Will it be just as good (cheaper) to order from UK and have them ship it there? You get to deduct the uk tax when shipped abroad...

Comment

thanks for all the helpful advice folks!!

Comment

Originally posted by fred.more View Post
                Thank you. That was very helpful indeed. I`ll proberly go for the dom or the spitfire if I got the bucks.

Anybody know if any of the surfshops in peniche holds firewire? Will it be just as good (cheaper) to order from UK and have them ship it there? You get to deduct the uk tax when shipped abroad...
                Both Portugal and the UK are in the EU, so you won't be eligible for a VAT refund. On the plus side, you won't be charged any import duties etc,

Comment

Hi again. this might be a little out of place....
                  I`m getting the 2 boards in portugal, so I need a good shop in the baleal\penice area so that I can pre-order.
                  Anybody know some good shops in the area that holds firewire? And an e-mail adress if they`re not online....

Comment

Working...
                  X