Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wct for k2.1 replacement... unless really heavy footed just get honeycomb...feel smaller so at my weight no good...fine for you though...that would be a good starting point....ea in blackstix is AMAZING.. others not as alive... i'm a little heavy for eabstix but still LOVE em... solid allrounder in mine (and most boards) is jc honeycomb...

Comment

just noticed you ride the bigger kellys...they are a bit drivey for you in everday surf .. you will probably find you liven up your game by a bit less area...but fins are so subjective, so you never know.. MB still rides the ea bstix most of the time i think

Comment

Hi guys,
        Just got back from my little road trip to Torquey to pick up the ex-demo Bourez 5'10 thin. Turns out I ended up getting one of Michel Bourez's personal boards, possible one of his Bells boards. It is 5'10, 18,5/8, 2,7/16 but has more refined rails than the standard thin Bourez and therefore is only 25litres. The board looks really good and looks like it will fly in decent waves.

Comment

I saw that 5'10" when I was in the shop yesterday - guessing that was you talking to Col on the phone while I was there.
          Board looked pretty nice and at a good price too.

Comment

Surely Michel isn't riding 25l boards??? He'd over power that on every turn.

Comment

full outline/rail length phill... i think he rides 26-27 ... could be wrong...

Comment

Yeah Sarge that was me, drove all the way down from Phillip Island. Been doing a bit of a board re-shuffle to set up a full quiver of firewires, so I was keen to save some coin on a ex demo. The standard Bourez was a bit more chunky than I thought it would be.

Comment

Even says 'Nev for Michel' on the rail.

Comment

stick the ea blackstix in there stoop... the combined whip from them and the boards flex is beyond belief...wish i was lighter to get the full slingshot...!

Comment

Yeah I though high 27's. Good score Stoop!

Comment

Thanks Core, do the Ea Blacksticks come in different sizes? I have WCT's in the chubby chedda.

Comment

nah, its the eric arakawa template...but in blackstix its really thin foil with deep inside concave... carbon lay up makes the tip whip sideways..projection is insane... run your wct's first and see how they go.. if not enough projection then look at more sweep...

Comment

surfs well for light guys because of the whippiness .. holds turns AND turns tight

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                              Surely Michel isn't riding 25l boards??? He'd over power that on every turn.
                              It may well be for sale because its under volumed for Michel.

Comment

Yeah I reckon your right buzzy. I think the main difference is that the nose has been thinned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X