Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys can anyone give me their opinion on the jc blacksix for the Bourez? I can get hold of a new set for $80.
    Worth a look? If it helps I have the wcts for my Chubby and I dig them. Hoping for something kinda similar feel but ment for a HPSB?

Comment

ive tried them in many boards and they (for me) create more drag than a bucket of water... fave set all round is the jc honeycomb... but the bstix version is totally different... get the ea blackstix mate... at your weight the flex-rebound in those will be amazing... the jc version is a thicker foil with shallower concave...just really drags thru turns..i have to use all my weight and strength to complete rotations

Comment

had my ea bstix in the mb today on a sizey outer bommie... normally at my size that a bit much for them but it was clean and i was flying....

Comment

Yeah core that is my concern, I like fins that you can really wrap the tail around on your turns. The only thing that stopped me from getting the EA is the future booklet. It has a chart ranging from loose to stiff, and the EA were as stiff as you can get. Not sure if it's to much contrast from the WCTs which are right at the loose end of the scale?

Comment

that ratings not for the ea blackstix though...they are super whippy when loaded up and the spring back is insane...best feeling ive ever had (apart from the firewire rebound..!!).. but as i proved today and the last few days on fairly angry slabs and large open bumpy high speed walls...(even though i had sworn id stop pushing it) if not cranked right up they hold their own in drawn out turns too...a lighter surfer will get even more out of them... some people like the jc bstix, but every board i have tested them in, they drag the board to a halt...to make sure it wasnt in my mind i even put the jc honeycombs in a flexfire, sent a mate out for a wave..then sent him out with the jc bstix and he reported the same...

start with your wcts...they will work...if they have too much pivot in racier waves for you then look at the ea's or others

Comment

that rating looks at the template...but not different foil and construction materials available in each template... i have ea and jc in glass as well and ea techflex and they are all totally different...so take their guide as a rough start point only

Comment

Any reports on the Clay Marzo CM2 fins? Been talking with my local shaper and he thinks the EA's will be a bit big for me.

Comment

tried them other day in MB... very loose twitchy tips for me..moderate drive off base..dont feel too stiff like larger techflex..(including ea tflex)... ea BLACKSTIX are a different story..very thin foil..very snappy tip flex... has your local shaper ridden the blackstix and then the honeycomb, techflex or glass back to back???.. the blackstix surf much smaller and looser than the other versions... have you tried your wct's yet... how do they go in the mb for you??

i might find the marzo's are great for junk waves in the mb... they let me pump rail to rail super quick and slide thru quick tight turns to fit them in...had a bit of trouble on the sets when i needed to get going...

Comment

try and find the ea blackstix in a test center..good surfshops will be able to get you a set to try.. if not, they are pretty popular, so look for someone at the beach who has them and ask to stick them in your board for a couple of waves...
                    Last edited by core personal training; 05-09-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I will try the WCTs tomorrow in the MB. Being pretty light on my feet im looking for something pretty high performance.

Comment

Also I would need to order in the EA's.... Waves have been good the last few days so im not keen on playing the waiting game. Might also have a look at the YU's?

Comment

yep yu's plenty base and small tip.. could work...they cant get that thin foiled whip from the ea bstix tho..!! suss your wct's and see what if anything they lack...go from there...

Comment

Working...
                          X