X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get the Bourez?

Hi guys, I have been looking at getting a Alternator 5'10 @ 25.9 litres but have recently found out that I have to special order one, which sounds like it could be 12 weeks to receive it. The Bourez model has gained my interest as its also 5'10 and 25.8 litres.

How well does the Bourez model paddle? I am 5'11 and 66kg so I think the size will suit me pretty good?
    My old HPSB was 6'0, 18.3/8, 2.25 standard short board,and I have been looking at going slightly shorter but keeping decent volume.

Is this a good choice for me? I have a chance at getting an ex-demo in real good condition for $500 including a tail pad!

The Bourez has a more progressive rocker than the Alternator so it won't paddle as well, but it still paddles decently for a HPSB as it has a little more width and thickness than say a Taj or Flexfire.
    I say go for it, it's a sick board.

Comment

grovels nearly as well as the alt.. turns tight like a taj... made to ride 2 inches shorter than your normal chippy hp board (eg taj) in similar waves.. likes a heavy boot..

Comment

I use my 6 MB for a year now and also try my mate 6.2 alternator.Altenator is more alround forgiving board paddle and catch waves easier.MB is more HPSB love the pocket of the wave turn more vertical in my opinion needs steeper faces and a better surfer who must push harder paddling reasonable ok.If all of these come together MB can blow your mind for sure...

Comment

yeah I know that the Alt would paddle the better of the two its sounds like it would have been a sweet board.
          How does the Bourez paddle compared to a standard shortboard outline though? I have never gone thicker than 2,1/4 so I think the added thickness could help in the paddling department?
          It will be my board for waves in the 3-4 feet (head-1.5head) then probably get a 6'2 flexfire for when it gets around double overhead.

Comment

What fins would you recommend for the bourez?

Comment

fcs or future?

Comment

Future

Comment

Originally posted by Stoop-a-loop View Post
                  Future
                  Core and other guys are expert with future mine is fcs.
                  cheers..

Comment

F4 are prob a good bet at your weight, unless you're used to bigger fins?

Comment

I have never had futures so not really sure?

Comment

What is your normal FCS set up in your HPSB?

Comment

the slater fins k2 or k3 I think? whichever of those 2 that is the bigger one?

Comment

The Futures WCT is basically the FCS K2.1 template.

Comment

Check out the Blackstix line. Another great fin is Jordy Smith's

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X