X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah good generalization prj.

the Hellrazor obviously has the most hybrid ride to it while the F1 has the mid-90s through late 2000s narrow and longer/chippier shortboard ride to it. I think the MB rides a heck of a lot better than the F1, provides a more user-friendly paddling experience but does so without sacrificing a bit of performance. The MB is going to have a touch more rocker out of the tail than the hellrazor so its going to be the board that gives you a traditional shortboard ride with a little less length and will allow for massive power hacks and feel great in good waist to overhead surf.

The Hellrazor has a bit more width, which means more curve to the rail and it has a little less tail rocker that is offset by the step rail. It rides great, carries a little less volume but probably is a touch better in worse surf as it has a little added area to it. It makes it over flat sections surprisingly well.

Hope this helps further.

Comment

Chris
      I see you got the MB in your quiver
      I'm eyeing out the 6'0" MB myself
      personal thoughts on it?
      I could never get it together on the Taj..is it a bit more forgiving than the Taj? less tail rocker?

Comment

Originally posted by Deon JBay View Post
        Chris
        I see you got the MB in your quiver
        I'm eyeing out the 6'0" MB myself
        personal thoughts on it?
        I could never get it together on the Taj..is it a bit more forgiving than the Taj? less tail rocker?
        I had the same experience with the Taj. It felt like too much rocker, where I almost couldn't draw a turn out if I wanted to.

I'm hoping the MB is not as rockered out. Is that the case? I think I read that the MB is based on the Taj, but was hoping the rocker was a bit more relaxed.

Also, are the MBs available in stores?

Comment

Pretty sure Chris said it has the same rocker as the Taj. I didn't like the Taj on Moroccan points, so I can see why you don't love it Deon. But in usual beachies at home I love it.

Comment

avail around mid/late march in oz....waiting on rocker details at the moment...hanging to get back on a rockered board...but still lurve my HF...been spending a lot of time at an isolated beach lately so will be taking both with me and can leave the spare on the beach and swap over without worry...although a huuuge eagle landed on my kids things last week..!!..so with the big eye sprayed on my boards he might dive bomb it!!!!

Comment

This might help Deon. CAD file rocker shots.
              MB
              Attachment
              Taj
              Attachment
              Flexfire
              Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Dunno why that shrunk them, bigger version available here.
                http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...?boardid=foils

Comment

thanks
                  but kinda hard to make out too much from the rocker shots
                  all look pretty similar

Comment

Yeah, if you move back from the screen a little and zone out I find you can take in the other curve of the bottom. Looks to me that the Taj and the MB have a VERY similar rocker if not the same. If there's any difference it has slightly less kick in the tail but it could easier be the thicker tail area giving that impression, but I'd put my money on them having the same rocker. The FE has a less radical rocker than both that's for sure.

Comment

Can anyone describe how the springer technology affects the ride on this board? I have never ridden a Taj springer but I really like the rapid fire ride better than fst and was about to get a rapid fire 6'0 alternator, but I would like to know how the springer tech MB model compares to rapid fire? or a regular fst? This board seems way better for paddling without sacrificing any hold in large surf. I currently surf a 6'1 F1 fst and a spitfire 5'6 rapid fire. Thanks for any input.

Comment

are they accurate rockers or just a foil representation..??...i always thought it was just a visual of foam distribution....

Comment

Pretty sure they are taken from the CBD style CAD files.

Comment

if they are then they trick my eyes or else my magic hellfire is magic because it has half the rocker of the one in the foil pic..!!!

Comment

Hmmm in that case better ask Nev or Chris for confirmation...

Comment

i've never been able to eyeball rockers, i look at them, look away, then back again and they look totally different..!!...i was born cross-eyed so i blame it on that..!!.. its my excuse for being too unco to catch a ball too..!!...so your probably right about the pics...

Comment

Working...
                                X