Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nahh not this time!

Comment

Hey Chris, I am about to pull the trigger on a CBD Michel Bourez. But wanted to check if the rocker is the same as the Taj was or more like the Flexfire. The Taj rocker was a bit too much for my liking.

Comment

taj mate...but was it the rocker you didnt gel with, or the overall twitchiness..??..the MB is thicker foiled and fuller in outline...not sure what tweaks you have made too...

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
          taj mate...but was it the rocker you didnt gel with, or the overall twitchiness..??..the MB is thicker foiled and fuller in outline...not sure what tweaks you have made too...
          I'm pretty sure it was the rocker on the Taj. It just felt a bit too sensitive. I'm used to drawing out a carve, it just felt like the board was doing all the work if you know what I mean. I guess I'm used to flatter rockered boards

Comment

i know exactly what you mean...i was over-cooking it at first too...and i like rockers...!!..upping to 6'4 lengthened it out a bit...but a lot of that sensitivity comes from the foil too...it's wafer thin at the ends.. i actually like that...the MB on the other hand is not a "sensitive" board...volume thru the tail and the fuller outline (width up front) which has more rail in the water take care of that...the rocker will still go beyond vertical and come back around under you again, but you need more weight/strength to do it...

Comment

Is the rocker on the MB nice and even or has it got that severe kick in the tail like the Taj

Comment

dont have the magic numbers but chris confirmed its the same center-line rocker as the taj....it does not look it in profile because of the thicker and more even foil...here's a couple of pics...i think the two stacked are 6'0's...the other is my thinner 6'2 and my 5'10 HF
                Attachment Attachment Attachment
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wandi View Post
                  Is the rocker on the MB nice and even or has it got that severe kick in the tail like the Taj
                  I think that kick mellowed slightly on the last run of Taj model and the MB is the same. My old Taj had a more pronounced kick than my newer CBD. Or at least that's how it looks.
                  Very smooth to surf and not at all twitchy like my old 602 Taj. I think the extra width helps a lot.

Comment

phill, your cbd has a thicker foil than the stock taj doesn't it??...that going to affect the look of the rocker like the mb...at least to us mere mortals...Nev would spot it down to the micrometer..!!

Comment

Yeah it holds a little more volume to the rail than the older Taj, but it's a bit more foiled out than an MB of the same dims.

Comment

Yeah Wandi, that was my exact same concern. Sounds like from PRJ that they toned down the tail kick. My first Taj felt really strange almost like pushing water when I was on the thing. You of course could put the board where ever you wanted and it somehow made it back under you. But the rocker sort of limited me too in terms of longer arcs.

It also does look like from all the shots I've seen that severe tail flip is not there on the MB.

Thanks for all the help fellas!

Comment

Dunno if this helps Mean

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...n/IMG_0539.jpg

Comment

That does help PRJ, thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                            X