Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, don't do strength or stretching work just before going out...you will fatigue the area before you even use it...have all that done in advance and just do some range of motion warm up stuff before going out to make sure you still have no problems..

Comment

cheers for the tips. i'm going to go mid afternoon so i'll do some light stretching this morning and does up on some ibeprofen haha. if i don't feel comfortable twisting, squatting and doing a few push ups before i go then i'll give it a miss.
      hopefully it'll be ok, we're probably going to a spot at the bottom of a cliff so it'll be an air ambulance job if my back goes...

Comment

i've had to crawl along dragging my board before...but i dont know about vertically up a cliff..!!..

for casual readers, phill is a mate and i have given him some casual "off the cuff" advice...if you have a back problem, or any other, DO NOT use the information in this thread to self diagnose or treat same....see your doctor

Comment

ha i think you're covered! i'll take the dog out of a good walk in a bit and if i'm sore when i get back i'll take that as a hint. gagging to get in the water though, and i'm starting to run out of paint.

Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

you paint when you have cabin fever...i rewax every board i can get hold of...anybody's..!!

Comment

ha yeah i'm a sucker for cleaning old wax off boards too. i hate dirty wax on a nice bright board.

Comment

Hey guys.

Picture of the MB6'2" and how its volume is distributed would be much appreciated when you guys receive your boards:-)

Comment

first thing i will do noberg......oh pleeeeeease arrive today...pleeeeeease...

Comment

Cheers, I still need to wait another month before they hit Europe and I am going nuts here. Ha ha. Looking forward to checking out the pics:-)

Comment

bummer...board accidently left at HO..only getting to spray dude today..assume eta friday earliest...bet i find Nev's grubby prints all over it from fondling it all week..!!!

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                        bummer...board accidently left at HO..only getting to spray dude today..assume eta friday earliest...bet i find Nev's grubby prints all over it from fondling it all week..!!!
                        ooooh that's gotta sting! I ordered my Futura from HO in the morning and it was in Sydney by 3.30pm that day......I was one happy camper! (not rubbing it in!)

Comment

ha..mine usually get here within 24 hours of getting sprayed...no dramas...no one in the surf industry is as professional as Nev's crew..this couldn't be helped...

could do with a lay day now anyway...forced myself to surf today with dodgy back...crawled to my feet every wave and off balance almost every wave...one 10pt reo, the rest was a gumby session...while nursing my back i managed on three separate waves to 1) tweak left shoulder...2) minor tears of right pec minor attatchments to ribs...and 3) i have ice on my knee as i type (crossing fingers this is not ligaments)......should of stayed in bed...!!!
                          Last edited by core personal training; 03-27-2012, 01:04 AM. Reason: kant spel good

Comment

Day didn't start as planned. I get to shop and the 6'2" turns out to be an Alternator. Luckily there is a 6'0" MB instead. Unfortunately the 3 foot offshore waves are not offshore. They are 2 foot with the odd solid 4 footer, and very onshore. Still, this is the 2nd best wave in Torquay and only 2 guys out. (There were 5 when I turned up (I have surfed it with 30) so I guess its getting worse) The erratic size doesn't help with positioning in a relatively unfamiliar spot - I'm usually here for 2 months a year but this is my first day in a year.
                            So - Looking at the board, it is both more refined and more solid than the numbers suggest. The rails are more boxy than other boards in the firewire range. And nice and hard too right up to just in front of the front fins. There is a lot of thickness held into the back half of the board, and not as much as I had thought there may have been up front. First couple of wave was thinking I had extended myself with regard to the paddling and performance of the board. Certainly hasn't helped me riding my flat wide fish style boards then jumping straight to this.
                            Nervously take off (late) on a good, just overhead, wave and things change very quickly. This Board is quick. Drops quickly into place and jumps back to the lip very nicely.
                            Next wave is a beautiful (choppy) wall, but again makes the late sucky drop easily. I hit the top and board slides half way through the turn, then bites and immediately accelerates again. Very nice. Have a little more confidence on the next one and the board is really biting and wrapping tight right through turns, maintaining speed the whole time.
                            This board likes to be pushed. It likes to push back. I like it when it pushes back. The push is right between my feet where all that thickness is hiding. Its nice and stable and controllable under my quads.
                            I know right now that those quads could not push the 6'2" as much as would be required.
                            I go back to shop and order the 6'0". It will be under my feet in 1 week.
                            Got to love it when stuff is so clear.
                            Paddling issues to be solved by the dropping of weight, following finding out last week that the pain I've had in my hips for the past 2 years is Osteo Arthritis and one of the best things to do is lose weight and I reckon I've got a minimum 8 kilos to lose just by drinking less beer. And 2 more by not eating all of the risotto I cook in one sitting.
                            However I don't imagine the weight will have dropped much, if at all, by the time the board arrives.

Also got to pick up a 5'10" HF. My 6'0" HF is now for sale.

Comment

Sounds like it responds very similarly to my CBD Taj. Fucking great board!

Comment

prj,

what kind of fins are those?

Comment

Working...
                                X