Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noberg, it does have a lot of volume in the rails through to the tail...i'll try and get better pics...the shape in 602 is beautiful..(nev's magic again)...and runs through combo's well...a lot of board here though..it is for big guys...i'm hoping to get on the thinner version to compare...will be able to advise better if i do....the shape will make full taj style surfing available to the average guy..will be much more forgiving....i'll hopefully report back with comparison...

Comment

Hey core.
      Yeah, it was a bit har to see how much volume was put into the rails, but still looks really good. My options are either the one you have or the 6'4". Pictures of the overall volumes would be much appreciated:-)

Its a tough one picking boards without actually see them live so really good getting your input here.

For reference, I am 90KG and 192 so not a small dude:-) I am used to boards with 31-32L so the extra volume in the 6'2 will be good as I do not get to surf that much as I used to. My padling strength is not what it used to be. Ha ha

Comment

yeah norberg it sounds like you will really like that 602!! I agree with the advice core and others have given!!

yeewwww

Comment

Chris, do you have the 6'0" thinner MB now? Have you ridden it much? Any pics of the rails and outline on that one, really intrigued to compare it to my CBD!
          Cheers

Comment

i do have a few here. I'll see if I can find a 600 thick to compare, i might have missed my window.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Hey Chris how is ur MB? You're riding the thin right? How is it compare to your alternator. have you tried the hellfire? How are they compare?

Comment

Anyone has tried out the MB in 604 or 606 in the thicker versions? I was thinking of getting a Alt 606 and thought the MB could be a interesting alternative. I want a performance board for the better days, the flexfire/taj models are toothpicks for me, I like something around 35-36 liters volume....a board with less volume then my current Alt608.

Comment

think high performance and progressive rocker. It will like the pocket and truly shine in better surf...

Comment

Hi Sarge which 6'0 you got thin or thick?

Comment

Originally posted by Bergie View Post
                        Hi Sarge which 6'0 you got thin or thick?
                        Mine is the 6'0" thick. Still loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by norberg View Post
                          Pictures of the overall volumes would be much appreciated:-)

Its a tough one picking boards without actually see them live so really good getting your input here.
                          just realized i didn't get better foil shots for you before the thicker board went...really sorry mate...any other 602thick owners out there?? post some thickness pics for norberg..........

Comment

to anyone waiting for a full 602 thick and thin report....layed up with flu....perfect test conditions too...agggggghhhhhhhh...stay tuned.............

Comment

Hey core

Don't worry about it:-)

It's already on its way and should be under my feet in a couple of days. Crossing my fingers that I don't find to bulky:-)
                              Still have my eyes on the thinner 6'4 in case the 6'2 doesn't work out for me.

Cheers and hope the flu is taking a hike soon...

Comment

Thought I better give a bit of a review of my 602 Thinner MB surfboard for those who are interested.

I bought the 602 MB to replace my Taj Pro. I actually really struggled with this board for the first 4 surfs and was getting really frustrated with it. I found that I had no real control over the board, gumbying and kooking take offs, could not get the board going and found no speed out of turns......... just horrible surfs. I was contemplating getting rid of it.

When I first surfed my Taj and my 601 Hellrazor I just clicked with them straight away. A friend of mine also purchased a 604 MB thicker version and he also experience the same issues as me. I tried all of the smaller medium fins that I had WCT, YU, CM2's with any joy.

I put the board away for a few weeks and went back to my 601 Hellrazor which have really been loving. Last Friday I decided to give the MB one more shot and put in a set of AM2 Techflex fins and hit some nice clean 2-4ft surf....I kooked the first couple of waves and then caught I really nice right hander and leaned as hard as I could on my bottom turn and the board just came off the bottom so fast and hard up the face and I was able to hit the top of the wave as hard as I could and the board snapped around in the pocket back under my feet ready for a another bottom turn.....got another 2 of those on that wave. I can't repeat what I said to myself but that was the best turns I have done on a board. Managed to repeat that on my back hand as well and also stuff up a few more waves.....hmmmm me thinks this board is going to rock.

Went for another session yesterday and surf the MB for nearly 5 hrs and had some really nice waves on this board. I am starting to see how much fun this board is going to be and I think a few more sessions I will have it almost wired.

My thoughts on this board:
                                Likes a bit of juice in the wave but seems to grovel ok
                                Really fast down the line and in turns found no loss of speed
                                You can really lean into every turn and the board just responds - never felt tentative in a turn
                                Very responsive - small movements can generate speed
                                Loves being in the pocket
                                Easy to paddle into waves and even at my weight I don't notice that it is a 6'2

Bigger fins in this board seemed to make all the difference for me.

Can't wait to take this board out again and it is definitely a keeper now :)

Comment

Working...
                                X