X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel board

Hi there,has anyone in Australia been able to get there hands on the Michel bourez model yet and if so have you taken it through it's paces and how did it ride ,paddle etc.I would appreciate any feedback.Thanks.

i'll have it in a day or so...

Comment

602 thicker version

Comment

You keep saying that Dave....

Comment

yeah i know..!!..should of been at sprayers at start of week, so should of already been in the water...!!..everyone is onto it now..!!...woulda been good today...solid 4ft+ groundswell..sapphire blue and pure glass...wedge with jacked left to corner and long smash-able rights followed by a run around...hellfire did some AMAZING stuff though..!!..while lighter and in boardies i'm really able to play with it...today on rights i was dropping in with both feet way forward, from behind the peak and doing loooong bottom turns and projections...no pumps..ah-la 70's singles...then stepping back and hacking fast and tight or roundy's...even with my back pretty kinked out it was so much fun...!!...kooked a lot of take offs with the dodgy back though...eg...kneeboarded a drop and bottom turn under pressure, stood up as i went up the face, did the splits as i hit the lip and went back over the falls..!!..in front of the crew...cant say i dont entertain the troops..!!

Comment

Hi Core. I am really wondering why you have gone with the 6'2" and not the 6'0" given your (and my) inclination to ride boards at the lowest possible volume. What up with that? I am not having that much fun on the 6'0 hellfire and my gut says "too big" so really not that sure about going to the 6'2" MB. Still very happy with my old 6'2" alt at 28.7 litres. ( I hated the new 6'2" update last year and sold it after 3 surfs. Perhaps I should have dropped to the 6'0. Anyway I am thinking along same lines for new MB in as much as the slight shorter length at a slightly smaller volume with end up with the same paddling flotation cheers

Comment

yeah, i'm replacing a 6'2 and didnt want to wait for the thinner version...and dont want the shorter 6'0 rail line....it could be too much foam to bite at speed...soon see...main problem is i've lost 5kg with a bug so i'm too light for it now...gotta eat maccas every meal to beef up quickly..!!....i really should of waited for the thinner version...but i'm a frothing grommet...for reference, for full performance in good waves...(when my body's up to it.!), at 90ish kg's i like around 28vol..or a little under when clean on reefs etc..

Comment

Does anyone know when the thinner version of the 6'0 will be released
                Or is it at the same time as the 6'0 thicker version
                I'm starting to think 29.9 is too much volume for a HP board considering I'm 80 kg

Comment

as i understood it, it was a few months down the track..which is why i didn't wait...30vol is not too much in itself...depends where the foam is and how you ride...

Comment

I spoke to someone at Firewire Oz on Friday and was told that the thinner models will be available at the end of April as long as you get your order in now.

Comment

i better get one of each....

Comment

Thanks for the input Core,
                        I have been reading this forum for about a year and your opinions on board selection seem to be pretty consistent with mine. I should get to pick up a demo 6'2" MB tomorrow morning and hopefully have some 3 footers to give it a whirl in. Hope the wind stays light and offshore.
                        If I like it I hope there is a fresh one sitting on the racks, but I imagine that is probably pushing luck even more than the light offshore dream.
                        I'm also hoping there might be a 5'10 Hellfire in store as well. There wasn't one around when I bought the 6'0" HF and I am really thinking that the 6'0" HF must go. It just feels a bit boaty for me. Not a big boat, more like a little runabout, but a boat none the less, and I would rather surf not steer. Things are looking expensive for me in the near future.
                        Thanks again and I guess I shall see tomorrow.

Comment

you will LOVE the 510 hf...but get off the front foot..!!..as my weight creeps back up i'm having to mix back to the back foot again..it was fun doing front foot drives though...
                          my MB has been held up getting sprayed so you will be on one before me..ya mongrel..!!..(unless it turns up on the doorstep tomorrow)...will be waiting to see how you go with the thickness as i'll still be under 90kg at first...(5 buck pizza nite tomorrow..that'll help..!!)

Comment

Hey Dave, bit off topic here but would I be stupid to try surfing today? Back is still a little stiff and sore but I've got most of my movement back and the waves are still offshore and the sun is still out. Don't want to keep missing out until it goes onshore again...

Comment

i would say yes your stoopid, but i went out today when i shouldn't of...!!..jagged my back a bit as it was solid messy stuff and takeoffs were lips and foam and knocked me around on the 510....if you have smooth well behaved conditions with easy lip and foam free takeoffs and you can move freely through all the motions you will do while out there, then you might chance it...but carefully...and dont stay out untill your backs had enough...come in earlier...get a couple, be happy with that and bugger off home...!!..again, i would say DON'T go, but i'd be stoopid enough to do it with a new board... :P...

make sure you can twist, squat, bend all directions at "surfing speed" before you try it...no guarantees though...usual caveats apply...user discretion advised...blah blah..

Comment

Working...
                              X