Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all: Got my first session on a 6.0 MB thicker version on a glass 3" lefts (my backhand). I'm 78 Kg and used to ride thinner boards,Fexfires, Quadfives,Fuegos,Predator(Formula Energy). I have been riding quads for a while, so i decided to try again a standard shortboard, and though the MB would fit me perfectly. The only one available was the thicker version which i though was going to have too much volume at 29.9 lts. In my hands, the board felt a little boxy,but i took in anyway.....
    Let me tell you that on the first wave all those concerns disappeared.... The board is Magic!!!. Paddles very well and has a combination of nervousness of the Taj with an easy ride hard to describe. Very fast, goes to top when you order for it, like an extention of your feets. It still feels very solid at top speed, hard to understand,having those fat rails. Can't recommend it enough!!!

Comment

Thanks Petoven for your post. what is your average volume? Is the MB at 29L is overyour optimum? Still easy to ride and dig the rail?

Comment

Yes Bergie, i normally ride boards between 27 to 29L, but in the MB you only feel the volume in the paddling, which is good.
        Seems that the volume is well centered at the middle of the standing point so the board respond easily when you get over rails. However, it likes hollow powerfull waves because of its rocker, not a board to surf mushy, small, flat waves. It is a shortboard anyway. One of the nicest and easiest to ride i've ever had.

Comment

Thanks Petoven yeah mine is for good waves i have my 5'8(27.2L)hellfire for small mushy waves so i will get the thin MB 5'10(25.8L) for good waves.

Comment

Michel bourez thickness

Originally posted by Bergie View Post
            Thanks Petoven yeah mine is for good waves i have my 5'8(27.2L)hellfire for small mushy waves so i will get the thin MB 5'10(25.8L) for good waves.
            Bergie,petoven is right.This board is a gem.I have had a 6ft (29.9 l)Michel for the last few weeks and surfed it mainly in beach breaks and the thing is fast,loose and yet still paddles me well at 80kg.I have read a lot of posts from people being concerned about the thicker version being too much volume .This board hides the volume really well.It doesn't feel like a thick board once up and riding.Again it's fast and turns on a dime.You will be stoked on this board.

Comment

Hi petoven,what fins are you running in your Michel bourez board .I have a set of michado fins and wanting a second set of fins for different conditions.The michado are a great fast fin with plenty of drive.

Comment

Thanks dawnbuster. do you think i should go thin or thick? My hellfire is great but might want a little less volume on my high perf. is the thin still paddle well?

Comment

Thin mb

Originally posted by Bergie View Post
                  Thanks dawnbuster. do you think i should go thin or thick? My hellfire is great but might want a little less volume on my high perf. is the thin still paddle well?
                  Hi bergie,I can't comment on how the thinner board paddles as I have not been able to ride one .I have been riding the thicker 6 ft board.

Comment

Hey Bergie, what do you weigh? I think you can make arguments for both boards. I think for me it would hinge on how versatile I wanted it to be. Its a World Tour board so eventhe thicker model is going to perform like a champ. I know here on the West Coast, I like the thinner version, but at home on the East coast I will be on the thicker version all day because the waves are a bit weaker and I am often in a thicker wetsuit....

Comment

Het Chris im 5'7 150lbs my optimum volume in summer will be around 24-25L and in winter around 27L so i just think at 25.8L im fitting right in the middle but the best waves are in winter.I plan to go to Indo for 2 months next winter so i think of going thin and maybe get a hellrazor when i get back.This last winter i spend the whole time on my hellfire and loved it that might just give me a reason to shop for another stick later...;)
                      Here on Vancouver island waves like you said on the east coast are a bit weaker(but warmer water and air temp) most of times and the hellfire is a perfect board for those kind of waves.I still totally in undecided.My surfshop order me both so i can decide when i see them both together.I wish they can get a demo for me to try...
                      Last edited by Bergie; 04-23-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys

Just picked my new board,i finnaly choose the thin one after comparing both 5'10's. After almost a week of stormy messy northwest i finnaly took the board out.It float me perfectly and paddle good and catch waves easy in punchy head high beach break(not so clean condition) easy to duck dive and easy to ride im really stoked cant wait to try it on clean condition or on good point break.

Comment

Working...
                        X