X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Michel model

Hey guys ,picked up my new 6 ft Michel three days ago and have had three surfs on it in 4 ft beach breaks at our local beach.Must say I was a little worried about being under my optimum volume when I ordered this board (29.9)but after riding it was pleasantly surprised.This board is so fast and responsive under foot.The distribution of foam makes for easy paddling and wave catching and once up and riding this thing just wants to fly.I can't wait to get on to some good point break waves on it.Well done FireWire on another incredible board.By the way for anyone wanting to compare weight ,volume etc my last weigh in was at 83 kg.

Hey
    Great info on MB. Cant wait to get the board in my hands. I'm tossing between the thicker or thinner model due to the rail volumes. Are the rails on yours refined and the volume hidden in the middle of the board or are the rails more boxy? Do you have any pictures you could post?

Cheers

Comment

Rail volume on mb

Originally posted by norberg View Post
      Hey
      Great info on MB. Cant wait to get the board in my hands. I'm tossing between the thicker or thinner model due to the rail volumes. Are the rails on yours refined and the volume hidden in the middle of the board or are the rails more boxy? Do you have any pictures you could post?

Cheers
      Hi Norberg,the rails on the thicker 6ft model are slightly boxier than the Alternator model and the deck is slightly domed to distribute the foam but in no way does this board feel too floaty in the water.At the tail the rails are harder giving plenty of bite.So easy to put this board on its rail in turns. For me that first few waves on a new board is the make or break and this board really impressed me.Its got such a lively feel about it. I think you will be stoked on this board.

Comment

I heard the rails are different on the different thickness boxier on thicker. so if i go lower on my volume and thinner rail the difference will be bigger my optimum volume is around 27 so thick at 27.2 or thin at 25.8? You dont think the thicker version is too thick? I just can make my mine about my MB thicker than my hellfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Bergie View Post
          I heard the rails are different on the different thickness boxier on thicker. so if i go lower on my volume and thinner rail the difference will be bigger my optimum volume is around 27 so thick at 27.2 or thin at 25.8? You dont think the thicker version is too thick? I just can make my mine about my MB thicker than my hellfire.
          My hellfire is a 5'8 at 27.2L

Comment

How tall are you Bergie? Not considered the thinner 6'0"?

The thicker 5'10" sounds like it'll be bang on volume wise, it's just down to whether you're happy with the thickness. Can you check them out in a shop first?

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              How tall are you Bergie? Not considered the thinner 6'0"?

The thicker 5'10" sounds like it'll be bang on volume wise, it's just down to whether you're happy with the thickness. Can you check them out in a shop first?
              I ordered both ao i can look at them before buying have a feel under arm is always good. I'm around 5'8" (1.76m) im just worry about the rails and not sure i want my high perf thicker than my hybrid.

Comment

I like to keep all my boards around the 2"5/16 - 2"3/8 range. I know Chris is the same, but he liked the 5'10" MB except found it a little short in the rail for bigger waves for him at 5'11"-6'0" Tall. Based on that, I'd say it doesn't surf like a thicker board.
                I think you'll know once you get to feel them both which way you want to go!

Comment

yeah i guess i will still thinking about it till the shop got the boards... but for now im confused but leaning toward the thinner.I rode in indo a surftech jc sd3 6"0 and 5'10 18.18x2.18 surftech TL2 and worked good with me but a bit more volume will be a bit better especially for our soft frigid waves here in Canada,5mm wetsuit suck...;)
                  Thanks
                  Last edited by Bergie; 04-01-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

No it definitely doesn't feel like a big board. Keep in mind, that the rocker is there and the template is the same, so you are going to get maximum performance out of the volume.

Comment

Hi dawnbuster How under are you with your optimum volume with your Bourez?

Comment

Mb optimum volume

Originally posted by Bergie View Post
                        Hi dawnbuster How under are you with your optimum volume with your Bourez?
                        Hi Bergie ,most my boards have been in the 32litre range,so going to 29.9l In the 6ft mb was a little under for me .Must say that this board paddles easy and turns on a dime with plenty of drive.Great board.

Comment

Working...
                        X