X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB Demo Boards

Howdy, anyone in the Sydney area (Australia) seen any 6'0" or 6'2" demo MB's around yet?
    I still have my heart set on the 6'2" Futura but have noticed that a 6'2" MB is the same volume.
    I would at least like to demo the MB so I'm not left wondering!

any info appreciated

Hi Goanna

If you are after a wicked high performance board that will work in just about anything you want to throw yourself into, the MB is the winner for sure!!! Currently there is no shops in the Sydney area that has the 6'2" as a DEMO, saying that it might be worth contacting either Rip Curl in Narrabeen, Aloha in Manly or Natural Necessity in Gerringong.

Comment

Thanks Raz, will do.

BTW - I have quiver envy

Comment

goanna...just answered your query in the cbd thread...sorry for delay...was scratching to remember though...!!

Comment

by the way everyone...Raz is a champ..!..he (and the ever-efficient Nikki) have been looking after me while not able to get up to H.O. to sort myself out...more world class service and commitment from the good people at FIREWIRE...NOT YOUR AVERAGE SHAPERS SHACK...!!!

Comment

Raz would you be good enough to share your thoughts on the hellfire hell razor, mb and taj and the role each plays in your quiver and in what waves? Could the hell razor replace the other hp boards? Thanks in advance. I'm considering replacing my alternator with the hell razor as my good wave board, reef breaks etc.

Comment

Hey magnet, i am sure raz will hit you back, but since i am here, i will say that for sure the Hellrazor has the performance characteristics to replace your alternator. I really like my Hellrazor in steep condition. its super responsive and can power surf a pocket to pieces. The only thing is I ride it a bit shorter than my go to shortboard so you might lose a little rail. Per haps you will be left looking for more rail on the biggest days, but some folks grab steps ups then anyways.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                goanna...just answered your query in the cbd thread...sorry for delay...was scratching to remember though...!!
                Hey thanks Core I saw that.....thanks again

Comment

I called Natural Necessities surfshop last Sunday to see if they had any MB in stock. They had the 6'2" "thin" and the guy I spoke to was riding the 6'2" thick so I made plans to get by on the weekend to have a look. This morning I was suiting up for the early surf when some guy parks right next to me and has a Firewire. I ask him which one and he says MB 6'2" - same guy!

So he offers me a go and I gladly take it (seems like it was all meant to be!) The waves were 3-4ft clean but a little weak and here is what I found. What a nice looking board - it is just eye candy.
                  It was indeed a thick board but I am used to the 6'4" Futura so no real shock. If you are worried about this thickness THEN DON'T BE you cannot feel it at all. The board is hyper reactive/responsive and will go anywhere on the wave you want it to. This board is a real performer for anyone looking for a high performance board to add to their quiver.
                  The Futura was better for me in these weak waves but get the MB in a bit of power and it's happy days. He offered me another go when the surf was better and I will gladly take up the offer.

Comment

That was nice of him.

Comment

Wasn't you was it Danga?

Comment

No, I wish I had a 6'2 MB to lend.

Comment

Hi Goanna! I see you were under your futura volume with the MB,how's your futura float you? Is the MB float you as well? Easy to paddle even with the 2 or3 liters less?

Comment

Hey Bergie, the MB was harder to paddle for sure.
                            I guess I would adjust but once you've had a certain amount of float it is hard to go less.
                            The Futura felt big after getting back on but after my next wave on it all my fears went away - I would absolutely love to have an MB but not at the expense of the Futura because so far it hasn't let me down and will get me into lesser waves than the MB as well as cover me for anything I'm willing to surf.
                            If I had to choose it would be the Futura - floats me perfect

Comment

Working...
                            X