X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
    Yeah she's a reliable one that's for sure. I find it doesn't have the little magic spark that boards like my CBD has, but at the same time it's handles a wider range of conditions and always feels solid and dependable and does everything I want it to do. It's a work horse! I like the wider nose outline for paddling and getting into waves. Once I get back on my shortboards the noses always feel really skinny and unstable compared to the MD.
    You've hit the nail on the head Phil.
    Now I've ridden the MD in a wide range of conditions my perfect quiver is clearer than ever to me
    some time down the track I can see my perfect quiver being

5'6" Sweet or Baked Potato - for 1-2ft slop
    6'1" El Fuego (if I can get my hands on one) - for 2-4ft full waves
    6'2" Mini Driver 2ft-8ft for waves with grunt

Comment

• good stuff!!

Comment

• Could this be a one board quiver?? ive sold my alternator because its to small , its a 6-4, i was thinking a 6-4 md, i have a 5-10 potatonator for real small waves but a 6-0 would be probably better, so i was thinking the 6-4 md as being the one and only board??? might help my surfing not changing boards....

Comment

• Originally posted by big leigh View Post
          Could this be a one board quiver?? ive sold my alternator because its to small , its a 6-4, i was thinking a 6-4 md, i have a 5-10 potatonator for real small waves but a 6-0 would be probably better, so i was thinking the 6-4 md as being the one and only board??? might help my surfing not changing boards....
          I dont see the MD as a one board quiver..its great at 3-5 but below or under that there are much better boards. I would upgrade your PN to a 6'0 if thats an issue and get a 6'4 MD for up to 5-6 foot. In case your wondering I have both a 5'10 PN and a 6'2 MD.

Comment

• Yeah I agree with FW-Fan although I don't have any trouble catching sub 3ft waves on the MD.
            I'm hanging to get it in some nice 3ft fun waves. So far it's been 1-2ft fun, 5ft onshore/powerful and 5-7 ft cyclone swell.

Comment

• See for me if I was only going to have one board it probably would be the Mini Driver.

I think it's another case of if you're a lighter guy it's got enough hybrid qualities to ride it in nearly everything, but if you're a bigger guy it's going to be more of a shortboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                See for me if I was only going to have one board it probably would be the Mini Driver.

I think it's another case of if you're a lighter guy it's got enough hybrid qualities to ride it in nearly everything, but if you're a bigger guy it's going to be more of a shortboard.
                I agree - if I could only have one board it would do fine for me.

Comment

• Totally would pick the MD as a one board quiver (But luckily I don't have to). It covers 3-7 foot really well, and 2-3 foot adequately. I reckon it comes down to the wave you want that one board to get you. Do you want it to go better in 2 foot slop because that's what you ride 50% of the year, or do you want it to paddle into the one of the few good swells that you manage to score in a year, (be it four foot or eight) and get you into and out of that one wave that will keep you smiling for years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarge View Post
                    Totally would pick the MD as a one board quiver (But luckily I don't have to). It covers 3-7 foot really well, and 2-3 foot adequately. I reckon it comes down to the wave you want that one board to get you. Do you want it to go better in 2 foot slop because that's what you ride 50% of the year, or do you want it to paddle into the one of the few good swells that you manage to score in a year, (be it four foot or eight) and get you into and out of that one wave that will keep you smiling for years?
                    Sarge, What fins are you running?

Comment

• MB futures Kinetic Racing JP5 carbo tunes in up to a little overhead. AM 2 tech flex when it's bigger. Also a set of HS large if its 2-3 foot and wind blown cause they are a little smaller and have a lot less rake so are good for quick direction changes.
                      MD fcs- kinetic racing JP5 carbo tune up to four foot. AM1 PC when it's bigger. Still testing quad set-up but have GMB quad rears with a set of DHD-1st in the front awaiting conditions. Also looking to try the DHD-1 as a thruster on this board which would be for 5-6 foot peaky beach breaks.
                      I love the JP5s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarge View Post
                        MB futures Kinetic Racing JP5 carbo tunes in up to a little overhead. AM 2 tech flex when it's bigger. Also a set of HS large if its 2-3 foot and wind blown cause they are a little smaller and have a lot less rake so are good for quick direction changes.
                        MD fcs- kinetic racing JP5 carbo tune up to four foot. AM1 PC when it's bigger. Still testing quad set-up but have GMB quad rears with a set of DHD-1st in the front awaiting conditions. Also looking to try the DHD-1 as a thruster on this board which would be for 5-6 foot peaky beach breaks.
                        I love the JP5s.
                        Thanks!

Comment

• I had a surf this evening on the MD
                          She went like an absolute rocket in the onshore, shallow, fast, stepping, sand dredging, bumby, backwashy 2 footers. Couldn't believe the distance covered.
                          I gotta be honest but many a time I wouldn't have bothered surfing waves like this but I am still trying to find the right fins so I force myself to surf in as many conditions as possible.
                          As long as there is some sort of push the MD is now peforming for me in surprisingly marginal conditions and I do belive it is slowly becoming the "allrounder" for my 2 board quiver.

I look back at my ranting throughout this thread and can't believe the carry on now!

Comment

• Had mine out in very nice 4-5 foot clean as on Monday morning. Great thing was the weekend crowds were all at work and it was just me and 12 guys out and the waves just kept coming...First time I really got to get to know that board...we are still in the courting stage but I think we will be going out for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                              Had mine out in very nice 4-5 foot clean as on Monday morning. Great thing was the weekend crowds were all at work and it was just me and 12 guys out and the waves just kept coming...First time I really got to get to know that board...we are still in the courting stage but I think we will be going out for a while.
                              Ha! it's like we are dating twins!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goanna View Post
                                I had a surf this evening on the MD
                                She went like an absolute rocket in the onshore, shallow, fast, stepping, sand dredging, bumby, backwashy 2 footers. Couldn't believe the distance covered.
                                I gotta be honest but many a time I wouldn't have bothered surfing waves like this but I am still trying to find the right fins so I force myself to surf in as many conditions as possible.
                                Now I just want to set my alarm for the early!

Comment

Working...
                                X