Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it definitely can grovel, but there are boards that are better for it. no doubt. in my opinion, it shouldn't be viewed as a grovel board. It is entirely a high performance hybrid...

boards with better low end would include dominator spitfire el fuego.

Those surfers that are comfortable with lower volume in smaller surf, however will do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinL View Post
      Are you based in the uk prjwebb?
      If so where did you get your MD?
      Itching to get my hands on a 6 2!
      Cheers,
      Robin
      Hey Robin. I put in an advance order back in June when they were first unveiled. Unfortunately that order still couldn't be met and they won't be over here until November.
      Mark Price was kind enough to slip one in his board bag for me while on a trip over here last week so I got super lucky!

Comment

Thanks Chris, I hope the MD will be my bigger, better day board over the SS and have that differant feel to keep things interesting. I only surf beach breaks, beach can hold up to double over head at the extreme end..... about 10 times a year....... generally waist to half over head is the norm. SS has been great except for the upper end. I am sure the MD will cover this, it was a tough choice between the Jack and Razor. MD now and i will wait for some of these new 2013 models to cover any waves i might be missing out on. Can't wait to see the Tomo designs............

Comment

prj I just have one thing to say. But I'll say it lots;

Get it in the water; Get it in the water;Get it in the water;Get it in the water;Get it in the water;Get it in the water...

...and report.

You get my drift :)

Comment

I'm working on it!!!

Comment

Looking forward to some reviews on this board, seriously thinking about picking one up.

Comment

Is the Mini Driver available in Oz yet? No point pestering my local for one if they're still a while before delivery.

Comment

buzzy speak to the guys at FW Currumbin I spoke with them the othet day and they said you can now order through your retailer well thats in Queensland. Mine is on the way. It would be nice if a new model was realesed in Aust first instead of always seeing it online then waiting, waiting, waiting............

Comment

Yeah your right
                    It's probably about 6 month wait after the U.S. crew get their hands on the new FW models
                    That's why I got stung with buying the thicker Bourez and it didn't work out for me
                    My impatience got the better of me ha ha

Comment

Truth be told if its a wait of 4 or 6 months I'll wait until closer to the time they arrive on shore. I'll be ordering through a lifelong surf friend (known him since I was 13 and I'm 47 now) and even though I'm a pathetic FireWire keen bean I'm not sure I'm ready to jump out of the closet, so to speak. An element of detached cool is necessary, even if completely contrived. ;)

Comment

that looks like an amazing shape! a proper tube board, thick, wide and short for steep paddle ins! is that the 5'10"?

Comment

Yeah 510.

Comment

PRJ, I know we are about 7lbs difference in weight. How is the catch-ability for you on the 5'10?

Comment

It's not the fastest on the flat water but if a wave is standing up then it gets in easy. I'm not one of the people who look to catch waves early though, I like to get in the spot take a couple of strokes and stand up. I don't see it catching a waist high lump way out the back easily, if at all. But for catching waves on the peak it feels good. Feels like a pretty small board in the water though, but surfs like a longer board on rail though. Lots of hold.
                              I've only had extremely limited time on mine though.

Comment

Thanks for that. I think we're having a similar experience with the board. For me, I find myself in a lot of crowds here in San Diego and I try to make the most out of some junky waves, which often means getting in early and juicing it for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X