Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think stretched out dominator with single to double concave (i think that's right)

Comment

i like the feel of single to double.. love the feel of the hellrazor

Comment

Finally got my MD and I must say its exactly what i wanted. I have found it works in 2-6ft no worries. i was a bit worried reading other posts it doesn't pick up waves easy...its not a nator.... but I find it picks up waves better then most boards and its on par if not better then my scorcher, if i was going to grab one board to check the surf at the moment the MD would be it (Mind you its new and i have that new board attraction). It is perfect to match the nator as a two board quiver. I wanted a more performance all rounder for the 2-6ft range and this board is perfect. It defidently handles the bigger stuff better then the scorcher or perhaps i just feel i have more confidence on the MD. It has lots of speed its amazingly fast on the take off i am still getting used to how hard i can jam my turns but so far no worries it comes back underfoot super easy it has a nice relaxed feel while cruising down the line but once you push into a turn it comes alive. It seems to go really well in bigger messey surf more so then most other boards. I can't wait to get it into some really solid surf with big walls i think it will go really well. I havn't surfed it as a quad maybe next week. I am really impressed its exactly what Lost said it would be in their blurb about it and i think you can go that bit more volume if you want it as an all rounder and it will still perform or go less if you want a super performance hybrid. Can't wait to see what Lost boards are coming out next.

Comment

Good work seabass and congratulations in the Triple Crown win! ;)

Comment

Hey Chris does the MD come in future or only fcs? Board looks goood!

Comment

comes in both fin techs!

Comment

Had my MD out over the past couple days in some mixed conditions generally head high to a bit over and the board has been preforming really well. i have found the sweet spot it is a fast board. It can take off extremely late and hook back up onto the face and allow you to line up the wall really well while increasing in speed. Get this board in some solid waves that are throwing and i belive it would set you up nicely. i have surfed it as a quad and feel its better as a thruster but i am not really a quad person. The best thing about this board is you see the lip coming over and you think i am not going to get around this and you do and before you know it your cutting back onto that foam you where just racing.

Comment

I really like mine as a quad. I found it flew in well over head walked up Killer point. Held well through the steep, racey inside wall when high-lining to make it as far as possible.
                  Good all round board. If I was only taking one board some where that'd be it.

Comment

MD owners, would you say this is a front footed or rear footed surfers board?

Comment

I reckon it's pretty neutral. It has the volume under the front foot to support that front footed drive and a really refined tail to push hard off the back foot at speed.

Comment

Totally agree with prjwebb. I am still missing the sweet spot occassionally..... but hey.......when i find it, it likes to party.........

Comment

So I was in Catalyst in San Clemente today and saw some Firewire Lost Grockets. Are these things coming to the general market or did you guys just do a run for Catalyst?

Comment

Originally posted by seabass View Post
                            Totally agree with prjwebb. I am still missing the sweet spot occassionally..... but hey.......when i find it, it likes to party.........
                            This worries me a little bit....the luxury I've had with the Futura is that I can just plant my feet and go - Ihave only ever found this with the El Fuego.Maybe the Driver would be the same for me.....time to demo

Comment

Only issue I've had is in waves where entry is a little awkward and I'm paddling pretty far up the nose to get into them I can sometimes end up too forward on the board and plowing water. Easy enough to shuffle back though but other than that it's felt real good.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                                Only issue I've had is in waves where entry is a little awkward and I'm paddling pretty far up the nose to get into them I can sometimes end up too forward on the board and plowing water. Easy enough to shuffle back though but other than that it's felt real good.
                                Thanks Phil,
                                I'm getting the feeling from your posts that this board isn't exactly setting your surfing world on fire.
                                Is this because you have too much cross over in your quiver? or the MD just isn't quite hitting the right notes for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X