Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news about the Unibrow, I find if you ride a little 'over-volumed' cos a your a bit older or don't surf every week, the spit and doms get too thick in the rail in the longer lengths and feel less connected to the wave (for me anyway). This board sounds like it could be the answer. When are they likely to get to Australasia Chris?

Comment

Spot on Magnet, its OK for an average surfer but if you are a bit more high-performance then the unwanted thickness becomes an issue cos it reduces sensitivity. Unibrow looks the business!

Comment

Come on Chris, cough up... Unibrow sizes and dimensions..... Just about to hit the go button on a CBD dominator but not sure now. Nose width info and how well these board paddle compared to the dom would be handy... After all, the cats out the bag.

Comment

Was just getting excited about the prospect of an MD as a step-up for my dom and now there is the Unibrow!
          I'm with Freaked_out please can you tell us more :)
          Last edited by RobinL; 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Mmmm, silence.......

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              i rode a 510 19 1/2 2 1/2, 30.5 liter. Half a liter more than my sub scorcher. but its really tapered and doesn't feel that thick. The tail is way thinner than a Dominator as well. it rides insane. maybe the fastest hybrid I have ever tried. It will replace my Dominator, that is why I kept the volume up but it really has a way better performance ceiling.

We'll be getting more info up online about the board once we are finished sussing out the rest of the sizes...

Cheers
              I'm guessing there isn't a lot of other info for you yet! Early days.

Comment

Here is some info on the Firewire Unibrow: http://m.boardshop.co.uk/sitesearch/unibrow.asp

Comment

Very pretty indeed. It looks to have a little more rocker overall than the Dom, which is great. There appears though to be a fair amount of volume in them. Any idea if that is concentrated around the centre and then incresingly more refined toward the rails? I only ask because both the 6'4" and 6'6" (which would be the appropriate boards for my size) appear to have around 1/8" to 2/8" more thickness than I'd have expected.

Comment

Looks like the wide point is a little below center. I wonder if the Unibrow is to the Dominator is as the Hellfire is to the Spitfire? (did I say that right?)

Comment

not quite!!

The Unibrow is a bit more thinned out, but with a more conventional high performance bottom contour. THe hellfire is a pretty radical shape. The Unibrow is a little more of a performance ripper with some hybrid DNA.

Comment

Working...
                      X