Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually really suprised by how well it paddled and floated me. As soon as I started paddling it out to the lineup I was stoked because I was worried that it was going to paddle like a shortboard. It has most of its volume throughout the middle of the board and its 19 inches wide which really makes the difference with this shape. The waves I surf at the NSB inlet are fairly top to bottom so that certainly helps the board perform at a higher level for sure. I cant see myself riding this board in anything mushy but it is a great board for waves with punch and Im sure it comes alive in overhead barrels, looking forward to that!

Comment

mdayton360- what are the dims on your usual shortboard?

Comment

Honestly, I have not ridden a shortboard in a long time because there are so many good performance hybrids out there now but I used to ride a 5 '11 X 18 1/2 X 2 1/4. The Mini Driver pretty much replaces a shortboard because it has a really pulled in pintail that can handle bigger surf but it has the hybrid quality in the extra volume it hides in the center of the board. I love the feel of a good pintail, they work so good in a variety of conditions.

Comment

That's it. I'm geting one.

One of my boards goes on ebay this weekend!

Comment

Pretty sure I surfed with mdayton360 yesterday morning at the NSB inlet. Board looks like it goes quite well, and the guy rips, so I'm believing what he's got to say about it.

Comment

Thanks for the props tre, fun session yesterday for sure! Were you the guy i talked to who was riding the 5'4 fst potatonator?

Comment

yeah!! Forum connection.

Comment

Originally posted by mdayton360 View Post
                  Attachment Attachment My 5'8 Mini Driver is lookin FRESH!
                  Thats a sweet board mate I was wondering what fins you ARE rocking there. I ride mine with the K2.1 quads and really like it. cheers P.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X