X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minidriver or Michel Bourez?

Hi, i am looking for a board to complete my quiver, i am intermediate surfer, 5'10 tall, 167 lbs, and actually have a DOM 5'10 and a stealth 5'10, i live in the north os spain and i use the dom during the summer and the stealth for everydays, now i want a third board for good conditions, 3-5 foot range. First option i like is MB 6,2 thin, the second a Mini driver 6,0, pro and con of the models? what kind of waves do you think are these boards for? Finally, i have seen the Firewire LSD, when is going to be able to order? sorry about my english... thank you!

My take would be the Mini Driver is going to like more down the line surfing through tubes and more wrapping carving turns. The Michel Bourez model is going to surf a little more progressively, releasing the tail easier.
    I haven't surfed the Mini Driver much but those were my first impressions.
    I'd consider the 600 thinner Michel model, I think the 602 will feel a little big.

Comment

Thank you! I will ask for the disponibility at my surf shop.
      There is no date for the new model LSD yet?

Comment

Hi - Im also considering making a purchase between one of these.

Thinking of a 6'2 mini driver at circa 33-34 litres or the 6'2 MB at circa 32 litres. I need something for the winter with the waves getting a little better and my paddle power getting better. If you see my other boards they are around 37 litres and were bought around the t8ime i was 4-5 kg heavier and just moving down from a long board.. im now around 80kg (34 and 5'10).

Have been surfing for about 3 years but in the last 6 months ive been going 4-6 times a week.

Any suggestion on which would be better? what waves each suits?

Wish i had purchased the Activator at 6'1..... its a great board..

Boards -

Firewire
        6'3 Activator

Other..
        6'4 Pod
        6'6 Red Beauty
        6'4 Flyer F
        Last edited by TP34_; 04-16-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X