Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felt up a 6'0 Unibrow today - I liked it - a lot it looked like the 6'2" MD's little brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
      Felt up a 6'0 Unibrow today - I liked it - a lot it looked like the 6'2" MD's little brother.
      As soon as I can get my finances sorted I'll be getting one.

I love my Dom but its just too over volumed in much above waist high. And I enjoy the Futura but it surfs a fair bit differently to the Dom, plus its a big volume drop from the Dom. So I reckon a 6'4" Unibrow is on the cards as the next step up from the Dom. I'm looking forward to it. I'll need to sell a couple of boards to finance it though - goodbye 6'8" Alt and a board by another shaper.

Comment

apologies if its already been asked...but does anyone know the nose and tail dims of the 6"2 UB?

cheers

Comment

We are still waiting for the compare function on the firewire website to include the UB and a few of the other new models.

Fazza, I think, posted the nose and tail dims of his 510 UB on another thread as nose: 11.75 tail: 15.5, which he measured with a ruler. I am really interested to find out nose and tail for the 60 UB. I am guessing the 62 might be around nose 12.2, tail 15.85. However this is just guesswork as I haven't seen one in person yet.

Comment

Fazza, what is the difference between CC and MD? What does the the boards perform better in? how does each board fit your quiver, what kind of surf do you ride the boards in, mahalo, gkekoa

Comment

Originally posted by gkekoa View Post
              Fazza, what is the difference between CC and MD? What does the the boards perform better in? how does each board fit your quiver, what kind of surf do you ride the boards in, mahalo, gkekoa
              Hi Gkekoa,

I had a 5'10 Unibrow and surfed it 5-6 times tried all the fins I had and could not really get it to work for me. I spoke to the shop that sold it to me and as it was in great condition i was able to trade it back in and for a 6'0 Mini Driver for less than the cost of another set of fins. I definitely preferred the CC and the MD over the UB, i found them to be way more fun and for me it was so easy to turn than the UB.

The CC has been more of a board that i surf in small to just over head or head and a half surf depending on the break. I found the CC performs better than the MD in smaller surf and can also handle bigger waves if the odd one comes through. The MD can handle same smaller waves as the CC as long as they are punchy but can handle overhead plus surf way better than the CC. I have found that the MD has given me a lot more confidence to take on bigger waves than i normally would, i love the way it paddles into waves and gives me the confidence that it can handle anything that i would dare to paddle into, the MD just feels nice and smooth and really comes alive in punchy or bigger surf.

There is probably some crossover between the 2 boards in the head high range but i still prefer to surf the CC when the waves are smaller to just over head high anything more than that then the MD is my choice.

I have surfed the CC and the MD over shallow reef breaks, points, sand breaks and they both perform extremely well and i think even with a bit of crossover they both compliment each other.

Comment

Much mahalo, that helps fazza

Comment

hey guys, i'll have the Unibrow online in the compare feature by today, latest tomorrow.

thanks for your patience on this.

Comment

Thanks Chris that would be great!

Fazza - thanks again for your on going reviews. It's really good to have balanced views from people who are not getting on with a new board, and those who are, to try to work out whether it would fit my surfing.

Comment

Chris, can you create a new Unibrow discussion category as well?

Comment

FAZZA or anyone with a sub and MD, hows the rocker and tail kick compared between the CC and MD and Sub SCorch? i have a sub right now and love it in head high or less, its got a flat rocker with sum tail kick which i like. Like you i wanna use MD in hollower wave with power . Is the MD like a rounded Pin or more rounded? mahalo, gkekoa

Comment

Hi Fazza that totally answers a question I posted earler.
                          I have the chance to buy a mates MD, I have a subscorcher but felt might be toomuch over lap.
                          The CC would be simlar to the sub i would think. You have sold the idea of the MD to me. Cheers P.

Originally posted by Fazza View Post
                          Hi Gkekoa,

I had a 5'10 Unibrow and surfed it 5-6 times tried all the fins I had and could not really get it to work for me. I spoke to the shop that sold it to me and as it was in great condition i was able to trade it back in and for a 6'0 Mini Driver for less than the cost of another set of fins. I definitely preferred the CC and the MD over the UB, i found them to be way more fun and for me it was so easy to turn than the UB.

The CC has been more of a board that i surf in small to just over head or head and a half surf depending on the break. I found the CC performs better than the MD in smaller surf and can also handle bigger waves if the odd one comes through. The MD can handle same smaller waves as the CC as long as they are punchy but can handle overhead plus surf way better than the CC. I have found that the MD has given me a lot more confidence to take on bigger waves than i normally would, i love the way it paddles into waves and gives me the confidence that it can handle anything that i would dare to paddle into, the MD just feels nice and smooth and really comes alive in punchy or bigger surf.

There is probably some crossover between the 2 boards in the head high range but i still prefer to surf the CC when the waves are smaller to just over head high anything more than that then the MD is my choice.

I have surfed the CC and the MD over shallow reef breaks, points, sand breaks and they both perform extremely well and i think even with a bit of crossover they both compliment each other.

Comment

FAZZA or anyone with a sub and MD, hows the rocker and tail kick compared between the CC and MD and Sub SCorch? i have a sub right now and love it in head high or less, its got a flat rocker with sum tail kick which i like. Like you i wanna use MD in hollower wave with power . Is the MD like a rounded Pin or more rounded? mahalo, gkekoa
                            More rounded. Not pinny but plenty of hold. Pretty low tail rocker, no kick. I'm a fan of tail kick too. The nose has a nice bit of rocker though.
                            It sticks to the face and handles hollow take offs real well.

Comment

Agree with Prjwebb and i also prefer boards with more tail kick like the CC but it do like the bit more entry rocker of the MD. The CC definitely has more tail kick than the MD.

Comment

mahalos guys for the info. this helps, leaning towards MD, but pretty happy with my Alt and Sub combo, just i think the MD would fit between the 2. aloha, g

Comment

Working...
                                X