X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Driver Versus the Unibrow....

Chris...how does the MD compare with the UB? I would think you would be one of the only forum participants who have surfed both?? Anyone else that has I would love to hear what you think. Thanks in advance.

Attachment
    click to enlarge
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
      Attachment
      click to enlarge
      Nice work Goanna. I actually thought about this in my head but then thought I would want to evaluate a 6'0 UB v a 6'2 MD. Whilst very helpful the rocker shot compares boards of the same size which kind of distorts what I am looking at but still its a worthwhile comparison. Who do you buy from? Have you run one through your hands yet?
      Attached Files

Comment

I buy from Cronulla Surf Design - they stock most models and in just about every size.
        I haven't looked for the Unibrow yet on purpose until I get the MD dialled.
        All I bloody need is to add another board to my wish list right now!
        Last edited by Goanna; 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Attachment
          Give this a try FW-Fan
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
            Attachment
            Give this a try FW-Fan
            Mate stoked with the effort...thanks !! Very helpful..hopefully will run my hands over one this week. Unibrow looks like its got some meat to its profile..
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm liking the look of the Unibrow, the plan shape is very appealing. I too would probably go for a 6'.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                I'm liking the look of the Unibrow, the plan shape is very appealing. I too would probably go for a 6'.
                Geez slowman your quiver is starting to resemble my old FW quiver...not sure if the old forum is still there but I started the "show us your quiver" thread and laid all mine out on display..maybe we should start another thread like that. I see you have a 6'2 HF..I sold my 6'0 and was going to buy a 6'2 but went the MD instead..I had some great waves on the 6'0 but wanted a tad more paddling power..how are you finding it?

Comment

and that's just the FW quiver! Fan, I find the 6'2 HF a reasonably good paddle, not quite as easy as the JK, but there isn't much in it. If I were to get a Unibrow it would possibly replace the JK.

Comment

I know what you mean about the quiver Slowman..I am up to 11 (ridiculous I know) but hey I dont spend money on anything else...When my mates are buying Harleys etc I look at the cost and start thinking how many boards that represents..I only keep "magic boards" and soon some will be too under volumed to ride but ill keep them for the memories....

Comment

Yeah Fan, sporting toys may seem expensive but in the long run it's money well spent, if they get used and keep you from rotting your liver (I mean heavy drinking - love the odd social drink myself) and clogging your lungs...I have a few bicycles too, about 4 in the $7k-10K price range plus a few cheapies in the $4k range! They make surfboards look positively cheap!

Comment

My name is Slowman and I'm a -----!

Comment

Yeah Slow...I ride my Trek Mountain bike a lot..but its a 2008 EX8 model I bought second hand for $800 and the frame is riddled with scratches and gouges like a tank rode over it...but it keeps me fit when its flat and is good cross training. Boys and toys...women love it...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Piha Local View Post
                            My name is Slowman and I'm a -----!
                            Camry driver? I am!

Comment

Gutted. Picked u as a Euro driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X