X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Driver Size once more..

Cannot decide on the right size, I am 183cm (6ft)and weigh 80 kg (176) surf ok. The MD is meant to be a step up from my subscorcher 5.10 in good hollow waves. im leaning at the 6.0 but im not sure... I like smaller boards, and my everyday poly HPSB was 6.2, hence Ive been all about FW and mostly hybrids the last couple of years and right now my quiver is SP 5.4, EF 5.11 and FF 6.2 and SS 5.10. What do you reckon? Chris?

I'm a few kg lighter than you and the 510 feels good to me, even in 5/4 with hood, boots and gloves.
    It paddled better than my 28l 6'0 custom Taj due to the lower rocker and wider nose.
    I think the 6'0 MD might feel chunky to you but the 5'10 could feel slightly small.
    Try to hold both.
    Last edited by Phill; 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      I'm a few kg litre than you and the 510 feels good to me, even in 5/4 with hood, boots and gloves.
      It paddled better than my 28l 600 custom Taj due to the lower rocker and wider nose.
      I think the 600 might feel chunky to you but the 510 could feel slightly small.
      Try to hold both.
      For reference I ride a 502 Potato, had a 508 Sub Scorcher which went good for me too, and a 6'0 x 18"13/16 x 2"3/8 Taj.

Comment

Originally posted by danapersson View Post
        Cannot decide on the right size, I am 183cm (6ft)and weigh 80 kg (176) surf ok. The MD is meant to be a step up from my subscorcher 5.10 in good hollow waves. im leaning at the 6.0 but im not sure... I like smaller boards, and my everyday poly HPSB was 6.2, hence Ive been all about FW and mostly hybrids the last couple of years and right now my quiver is SP 5.4, EF 5.11 and FF 6.2 and SS 5.10. What do you reckon? Chris?
        6'0" all the way dana. I am 85-88kg and the 6'2" is plenty for me in fact I am toying with the idea of downsizing to the 6'0 myself because I still haven't nailed this board and I think it is because there is a lot of thickness in front of my leading foot.

Comment

danapersson, I'm 175lbs, purchased the 6'0, didn't like, sold it. It did feel a bit to bulky and, oddly, pushed a lot water when trying to catch waves. Enough to kill the joy of riding it. I'd still like to try the 5'10. (I have a 5'10, but in Hydroflex)

Comment

Working...
          X