Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between the Firewire MD and the Original MD?

Other than the obvious dimension changes, are there any other differences? Nose rocker? Tail rocker? Stuff like that?

History: I started with the Firewire MD 6'0. Didn't work for me. Now I'm on a Hydroflex Natural MD 5'10, which I love but I'm putting pressure dings in it as easily as I would on a marshmellow. I'm wondering if the FW 5'10 will work better for me than the FW 6'0. I could deal with the dimension changes (I think), but I wouldn't want any more rocker.

You may have had the same issues on the 6'0" that I have on the 6'2" - too much foam in front of my leading foot.
    I reckon the 5'10" FST version will be fine for you!

I love the MD even at the moment with it being hot and cold for me - I'll be selling it to get the 6'0" but not until I get my hands on one to ride so I know for sure

Comment

I'm not going to rub it in G but I have no equivocation about my Unibrow! ;)

As it is the UB and MD look a lot alike but I have the super strong impression they are fundamentally different boards with a fundamentally different purpose.

That doesn't answer the original question though - I understand the Firewire MD's are a little narrower than the original PU versions. What that means in terms of performance I'm not sure. I assume though a 5'10" Firewire MD will be a touch narrower than a PU MD.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
        I'm not going to rub it in G but I have no equivocation about my Unibrow! ;)

As it is the UB and MD look a lot alike but I have the super strong impression they are fundamentally different boards with a fundamentally different purpose.

That doesn't answer the original question though - I understand the Firewire MD's are a little narrower than the original PU versions. What that means in terms of performance I'm not sure. I assume though a 5'10" Firewire MD will be a touch narrower than a PU MD.
        Ha! ya killin me Buzzy!
        I'm going to fly to QLD head office and try them all before I buy anything and the UB will be one of them for sure.

anyway I'm getting off this thread before I have officially hijacked it!
        (sorry csarqui)

Comment

Chris, can you chime in on this?

Comment

There hasn't been anything mentioned at any point by any of the FW crew or Mayhem on his blog about any rocker changes for the FST version. He has mentioned he pulled in the wide point because he wanted them to be more of a bullet proof travel board for decent waves rather than extending the lower range with added with.
            The rocker is based of the driver series so I don't see it being adjusted.

Comment

Working...
            X