X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Driver:the right size

Cannot decide on the right size,what dimensions would you recommend for a 192lbs 6'3 guy like me?
    I am an intermediate
    currently ride a 6'4x19 5/8 x 2 5/8 F1stub stock dims in indo
    I'm wavering between the 6'1"(34,8) or the 6'2"(37,1).
    Thanks!

Looks like that F1 Stub is 33.8 litres of volume (according to lost website).

If you like your Stub volume, I would go with the 6'1. Jumping up 4 litres of volume is a lot especially for a board for bigger waves. You want to be able to bury the rail at speed and I'd be scared too much volume would make this very difficult.

Originally posted by Marck7 View Post
    Cannot decide on the right size,what dimensions would you recommend for a 192lbs 6'3 guy like me?
    I am an intermediate
    currently ride a 6'4x19 5/8 x 2 5/8 F1stub stock dims in indo
    I'm wavering between the 6'1"(34,8) or the 6'2"(37,1).
    Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the forum and facing a similar dilemma. I've always surfed standard shortboards, around 6'2 18.75wide x 2.33thick but seem to be a little more solid than i used to be (86kg's but in fairly good shape) and don't get in quite so much at the moment so am not overly paddle fit. Thick wetsuits also add weight in the UK. I've recently bought a subscorcher 5'10 (my first firewire) and like it a lot. It is fast and responsive. Could i get more out of a bigger board though, given my weight? My surfing is average at the moment. I do the odd ok turn the the even odder bad air but am always trying to improve my airs. The mini driver looks great as an all rounder for the sort of waves we get in Cornwall. But what size do i get. I really want a fast fun board and am keen to really crack the volume issue. Any help would be great.

Comment

I'm 77kg and on the 5'10. I'd say the 6'0 would be good for you.
        That said my standard shortboards used to be similar sizes to yours so maybe you like lower volume.
        I used to have a 5'8" Sub Scorcher but that was on the lower end of my ideal volume.
        I've got a 5'10 Mini Driver for sale if you're interested in having a look but I think you'd be better off on a 6'0

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll look into the 6'0.

All the best.

Comment

Working...
          X