X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down sizing the mini driver

Hi guys just want some feedback regarding downsizing the mini driver. I currently have a 510 and was Surprised at how floaty it was compared to my 508 sub. I originally went for the 510 because it has the same stability as the sub and is still within my vol range. I surfed it last night and found it paddles super easy catches waves easly but I found it a lot of board com paired to my sub. I think riding a 504 and. 508 has made anything longer feel a bit boaty. My question is do I drop to a 508 md? I am 5,7 and 68 kg,s or 150 lbs. fit inter level. Cheers paul.

I reckon you'd be ok with that. The 5'10 was plenty for me at 6'0 and 170lbs. That full nose counts for a lot.

Comment

• pmorgan
      pmorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking that as its a step up for the sub I don't intend grovelling on it. Thurso east brims ect.

Comment

• pmorgan
      pmorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      It's totally flat ATM but could not wate to take her out. Went for a 2 k paddle this ,owning and I was impressed. The low vol is not noticeably when paddling but very easy to sink on duck dives. I recon the shape helps this board a lot. Any one considering downsizing the mini I think go for it. Hopefully give a surf report soon. She is 508 25,3 ltr, vol. I am 68 kg,s 5ft 7 inter adv fit.
Working...
X