X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Mini Driver sizing

I know this has been discussed by many, but hoping I can get some advice for myself. Because I may have to order one from another state without ever seeing it first. I live in Santa Barbara and have been surfing a 5'6 Channel Islands Dumpster Diver that is perfect for SB. I also picked up a 5'10 Firewire Stealth that is my new favorite board. It's getting worn out, so I'm tempted to buy another, but I keep reading about the Mini Driver. I'm about 5'9 and weigh 158 lbs, and I surf pretty well IMO. All the reviews say to go smaller for the MD, so I'm really not sure if I should go 5'6 like my Dumpster Diver, or 5'8 which is a bit smaller than my 5'10 Stealth. Any advice?

It's a bit hard to say without knowing your weight, but I would ride the Stealth and MD at the same size / volume. I have a 6'0" MD, but was going to buy the 6'0" Stealth - and would have but someone bought it between the Thursday i saw it and the Saturday when I went back. Then the MD came out and it has made me very happy. (Of course that isn't entirely true- happiness comes from within : ) Which is why we can sell perfectly good boards for a newer model.)

Comment

yep, i'd reckon either the same, or slightly less volume than your stealth... Being a more performance board, slightly less volume would be better... they also carry a lot of volume under the chest, where as the stealth is a lot under your core.. I'm very keen on a Mini Driver, but need to get my V2 rocket 1st...

Comment

You're right between the 5'8" and 510" IMO

Comment

Your dd is 26.2 ltrs according to ci,s website. If you find that a good board go a 508 md as its one litre less and just shorter than your height. You might find the 506 a bit small as it also gets narrower than the 508. There is a fair jump in vol on the 510 too. I have both and love the 508. But I am a bit lighter at 150 lbs and 5ft 7.

Comment

Working...
          X