X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pile Driver

awesome to see it now on the boards page. Slightly wider, and more volume than the mini driver... Looks like it really could be a daily driver type board. The 604 looks good for bigger blokes like me, and with the rocker and general outline should still hold it's own in OH conditions....

justo let us know if you get a chance to see it in person or demo it!

ALOHA!!

Comment

I asked Chris about his recently. This was his feedback.

"Only have ridden it twice. Got it in CA before I came back east for a few weeks. It is a shortboard essentially. Loves good waves. Lots of tail flip but also nice and wide so it does grovel. It will likely be my go to in head down with a little punch. I have found that I am liking width with a little extra rocker in decent conditions. More so than straighter curve through the back half of the board. Love the swallow too. Throws buckets.
      Definitely has more bite than a round tail like the MD and you can put some anger into top turn or pocket wrap and it holds. Roundtails I find to be a little smoother where this one gouges."

Comment

Looks a bit like my old Webber Afterburner but compressed into a shorter board. I'd like to try it.

Comment

I have been waiting for this one to drop. I see this taking over Subscorcher duties. Same rocker and foil as the Md with the swallow tail and 5 fin option. Very tempting. 508 sub any one?

Comment

From what I can see in the rocker image, seems like the Piledriver has more rocker han the MD. Is it true? Had a PU MD, but don't like the measures in the FW range. The Piledriver 6', could do it.

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              From chris's description it sounded like it had more rocker. The website description says they are the same though doesn't it?

It does. Bu

Comment

... But looks diferent

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like the image on the website is slightly tilted making them hard to compare. I'd say the PD has more curve in the tail rocker though, and a touch thicker foil. I reckon this could be a fun one!

Let's wait for reviews...
              Cheers

Comment

whats the bottom on the pile driver?

Comment

and target wave range???

Comment

• Phill
                    Phill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd guess it has the same bottom as the Md and mayhems other Driver boards. Wave range sounds like stomach/chest to overhead.
                    The V4 still isn't in compare so don't hold your breath there :D

board compare?

Comment

wonder how the pile driver compares to the sub scorcher 2.. look pretty similiar

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Boardshop.co.uk have some great pics of the PD up.
                      I want one! The rocker looks perfect.

looks like quite a bit of nose rocker.. lil tail rocker.. what are the bottom concaves? hard to tell by pics

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      looks like single to double to me, maybe a slight bit of vee off the tail
                  Working...
                  X