X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New board

Hello. I needed some help in choosing my new board.
    I am 41 years old, weight 68kg, 1.75 m (5.7 ft) and I'm in good shape. I have an intermediate level of surfing. I surf 2-3 times a week. I Surf with a 511 x 19,50 x 2'1 / 2 ( 29 liters). I wonder which model more is adequate for me, that is easy to paddle and catch a wave but without being too heavy. I surf beach breaks usually from 1.6 ft to 5 ft. I was thinking about the MD 510. tks

Hi Pedro yea the Mini or Uinbrow could be just what you are looking for. If you perfer squash tails the CC would also fit the bill. I ride a MD and am just a 2 years younger but the same weight and height. I ride a 508 as i found the 510 just a touch too much vol. I find the 508 paddles really well and catches waves easly and is an easy board to surf a good alrounder. It might strugle at the lower end of your wave size 1.6ft but if its punchy no probs Its tough as FW have a huge range of good boards.

Comment

Tks Morgan. Recently, I've been testing a 510HF and found her very nervous/shaky and with little nose area. Then I went to a store to see the models and ended up getting two for choosing: The MD or SF. Both at 5'8. And now I do not know which of the two should really choose. any advice?

Comment

Like pmorgan is saying, the SF will be better at the low end of that wave height range you gave, and the MD will be at the higher end. So you have to make the call as to if you will be surfing the higher end or the lower end of your range more. In terms of paddling ability, I would say the SF paddles a little better than the MD (because it has more hybrid DNA), and the MD paddles more like a standard shortboard.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Sorry Josh. I said MD but i ment to say DOM. Considering the experience I had with HF, the MD will be a great step forward (maybe next year). Right now my indecision is on the choice between the DOM and SF. And also regarding the size. Do not know if a 5'6 or 5'8. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
          X