Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thought. Take you conventional idea of what you think a HP shorty and a groveler should look like, and when you are looking at the Tomo's forget that archaic mindset. The MPH is more than what it looks like based on conventional wisdom. The bottom and foil are special. I guess I'm saying don't judge a book by its cover. peace.

Comment

Sesurwood, you have me really frothing over a Tomo now, Jesus man! You know, I was happy on my BP and EF, now this.

Can't wait to feel up a Vader when its out. You know if one were to go all Tomo quiv, then perhaps;

VG/Vader
      Nano
      V4/Thunderbird V4

Comment

Aurf, i am heading for a nano/VG/V4 quiver, have the VG, nano on order and the when i can sell my mini driver and spud, the V4 is next. Thinking the V4 thunderbird maybe too high performance for me like the artillery range.

Comment

• Denchy
          Denchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thinking the same, have the vg and v4 but hesitating on the nano until I can see it in the flesh and compare it with the V4. Finding the V4 overlaps with the vg and thus making the need for the nano redundant maybe. The 2 Have very similar templates except for the obvious

makes you wonder how many of the Artillery boards have actually been sold? My guess is not many.....

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the shops here had it listed in there top selling models a while ago.
          I was very surprised. Not much need for one here.

I would probably go a mayhem rock up might more my ability and easier to get in than the v4 but can't see it on the horizon. Can't get excited about a PU version.

Comment

The Nanos have arrived in San Diego (Surf Ride). I was able to feel it up last night, although they don't have my size yet. After looking at it I can see how it would need a more performance oriented wave to get it going. Something we don't have too much of around here. It looks "less" grovely than the Vanguard. I was 100% committed to getting one of these. Now I'm not so sure. I don't want to have this kind of experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZStt1ZjxEw

Comment

• Goodfish
            Goodfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. That's kinda embarrassing...

• kdropin
            kdropin commented
            Editing a comment
            what i got out of that video is that it paddles pretty well... that guys terrible.. even when there were little pockets to get some speed he didn't use them

One look at the clip.... NOT A GROVELLER! Always makes me laugh when people say this, thing has loads of rocker and expect it to go well in 2' waves. A log will go well in 2' waves. Don't be led into thinking this is an all rounder ... It's still a high performance shortboard.

Comment

i reckon it would go alright in those waves. i know my vanguard would work. there's plenty of people that would kill it on a skinny HPSB in those waves too though

Comment

If people want a groveller from Tomo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZHe8EVX6uM

Comment

• csarqui
                csarqui commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been in the water with Mr Tomo. He and I and 2 other guys. He can make any board rip in any wave and he has like a 50 yard radius for tracking down and catching waves. I'm always suspicious when watching a video of him and comparing it to how I would do on a board :)

So what your saying the guy can't surf very well? Lol

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                maybe he's just frazzled trying to figure out a new board with the added pressure of having a camera pointed at him? :D

I checked his other vids, he must be frazzled all day long. No offence if you read this. ; )

Comment

Let's not beat around the bush.
                That guy could barely do a turn.
                He was incapable of doing the basic manouvres so why's he talking about what the board can do?.
                WTF is he thinking doing surfboard reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                  Let's not beat around the bush. That guy could barely do a turn. He was incapable of doing the basic manouvres so why's he talking about what the board can do?. WTF is he thinking doing surfboard reviews?
                  What he said.

Comment

Thanks csaqui, makes me thankful that I don't surf like that guy. Most ppl do that prey mantis thing when going front side. Yea I think if you want grov, do SP/BP. A two board quiv of our SoCal waves could be BP and VG. Perhaps throw in a Liddle hull for utter crap waves.

Comment

Hey get the largest nano make it a high performance log ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X