X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking...
    ... that it might behoove FW to loan a new model out to a particular set of users for a type of "User review".

The pplz I have in mind would be ones that seem to be on the forefront of users like;

Core
    Fazza
    Goanna
    Phil

Sorry if I left other long time contributors out.

But these blokes seem very willing to spew there observations of the various FW models and I for one love reading there views.

I often peruse the BoardShop TV youtube channel but they don't seem to be up to date with FW models. Plus I feel the aforementioned pplz above would give a better review.

Comment

• Phill
      Phill commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully my local will have a demo version available. I'm keen to give one a try. The double agent will be interesting too.

• Fazza
      Fazza commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a 5'6 Nano FST on order and hopefully arriving this week or early next.

• aurfalien
      aurfalien commented
      Editing a comment
      Phil are you doing the FST or LFT version? I imagine the feeling would be diff on each.

aurfalien you forgot me I surf with Core on occasions when we meet at certain breaks in our area, anyway I will hopefully be getting my 6'2" Nano LFT next week so i will spill the beans, I have a new set offuture matt biolis 2 Carbon Fins to try. I rode Jordy Large on my 6'2" Vanguard for the past year and found them great. I will have the Nano review up as soon as it arrives.

Comment

• cuttlefish
      cuttlefish commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to a comprehensive, in-depth and insightful review.
      Especially since you ride my preferred dimensions.

I imagine if there's a demo it'll prob be LFT. If I was buying one id go fst but it'd overlap too much with my vanguard and my new one and as I'm in the process of buying a house, overlap isn't a luxury I can afford anymore.... :(

Comment

I don't think I can help myself.
      I've ordered a 6'2" nano in fst and fcs but it won't be here until next month.
      The local shop has a 6'er in fst with Futures.
      Have no Futures fins anymore but that won't stop me.
      With a 51st birthday coming up next week I reckon the 6'er will do.
      Since the nano isn't on the board comparison site yet I compared a 6' vg with a 6'2" potatonator and the surface area is pretty much the same even though the vg's volume is significantly lower.
      I'm banking on the planing hull efficiency of the nano and its lower rails to do the business in decent waves.
      Edit one day later.
      I've got the 6'er in my clutches (not paid for yet so safe enough) but am having serious doubts about whether it's got enough foam for me.
      Last edited by cuttlefish; 03-12-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

My 506 FST Nano has left and should arrive by the end of the week........yew weekend looking good.

Comment

Saw a nano in the shop the other day, surprised by the rocker when put it down next to a VG. I have only ridden a mates VG a few times and i am saving to get a Tomo, which one I don't know but going by what i saw I think i would grag a VG as it, A. looks cool, B. looks differant from anything else and C. Seems everyone is saying its a great multi purpose board. I hope the crew out there with a Nano will put more up as to help with a decsion. I find demo is only half the answere as it gives you the feel but you only get a short time with a board and feed back by others does help. like everyone i want that perfect all-rounder. What i saw its no SP or even Dominator its deffidenly a performance hybrid and i am guessing you'll need a small wave with some go in it.

Comment

I was up in Byron on the w/e, went into SDS and they had the Nano in stock, sweet looking board, def more rocker than the Vanguard. They had my size in store so i couldn't resist, hanging to get it wet.
            This is some feedback from Raz at firewire.....
            The nano is insane!!! Such a smooth ride whilst still having the feel of flow and speed of a Vanguard..Tomo has made another killer!!! Im loving mine!!!

Comment

• cuttlefish
              cuttlefish commented
              Editing a comment
              Wonder what size Razz is riding?
              Seem to recall he's a bigger guy.

• Fazza
              Fazza commented
              Editing a comment
              I think he said it was a 5'1 or a 5'2

Is SDS the one by the roundabout? Always pop in to feel up some boards when we go down to byron for a w/e. Guy in there loves a good chinwag about the designs too he froths all day for his vanguard, saw him at the aus surf convention too and he was clutching a new LFT VG with a big grin on his face think he was just going for a down size it was a 506 i think maybe even 504 and hes a big bloke (compared to minature hero me anyway)....

Comment

• powman
              powman commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah that's the one, right at the roundabout....and yep he loves a good chinwag alright.

Can someone provide some feedback about the paddling/wave catching ability of the Nano vs the Vanguard?

Comment

Has anyone seen an LFT Nano for sale yet in shops? Or better yet has anybody bought one?
              F R O T H I N G ! ! !

Comment

I have seen one and same I want to know how it go's i am super keen to get a VG but don't want to kick myself when everyone starts saying how much better the nano is..........Raz anyone at firewire com'on spill the beans get us excited give it a rundown, wave catchability, performance, sizing is it HP or semi grovel or all of it. I can only afford a FW once in a while so i need to get the right one and there are to many to choose from. I remeber the early days Futura or Futura then Dominator then Elf it was so easy.

Comment

I got out on my FST Nano for the first time today, i haven't ridden any other Tomo's as yet, so can't give a comparison. I will say it paddles much better than my Unibrow of identical volume, which i didn't think was a bad paddler anyways. Wave catching is dead easy. Will comment on ride after i've logged a few more waves on it, was my first surf after 2 months overseas, so i'm surfing like a kook right now....but the few waves i got felt very fast and loose.....frothing!

Comment

Originally posted by powman View Post
                    I got out on my FST Nano for the first time today, i haven't ridden any other Tomo's as yet, so can't give a comparison. I will say it paddles much better than my Unibrow of identical volume, which i didn't think was a bad paddler anyways. Wave catching is dead easy. Will comment on ride after i've logged a few more waves on it, was my first surf after 2 months overseas, so i'm surfing like a kook right now....but the few waves i got felt very fast and loose.....frothing!
                    I took my LFT Nano out to South O yesterday for her first ride and felt the same way. Super fast!

Comment

More info please... catch-ability, bottom turns, pocket surfing vs the flats, round house cut-backs, air drops???? How does it ride?

Comment

Also, what's it like riding it on your backhand?

Comment

Working...
                        X