Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it handle overhead conditions well?

Comment

• esteeb.
      esteeb. commented
      Editing a comment
      The videos show it flying in decent size.

Some good shots at boardshop. Quite some rocker...
    Last edited by Alex72; 03-17-2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

The wax looks dirtier than it is, for some reason.

Comment

• Josh BL
      Josh BL commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice color coordination

- FIJ

Looks like my size. 604?

Comment

• esteeb.
      esteeb. commented
      Editing a comment
      That's it!

Nice! How is it floating you?

Comment

I'm a big boy weighing in between 240-245. That being said, this board is magic. I've had a Lost Round Nose, an SP, a BP, and the two times I've been able to get this nano out, it's handled "poor to fair" conditions better than any of them.

Comment

Not sure if it has been posted anywhere else but here is a Nano Board Review http://www.boardshop.co.uk/blog/arti...review_204.asp

Comment

Nice post Fazza. I like the review, seems like a nice little nugget.

Comment

• Fazza
            Fazza commented
            Editing a comment
            yep sure does......i have a 506 Nano arriving next week with any luck and after watching that review i am wondering if i should have gone the 507. If what people are saying that it paddles better than the VG i should be ok......i'm not getting it to be a bigger wave board anyway as i have others for that.

Wow, I want one more than ever now! Looks like such a fun board!

Comment

someone has to get this thing out in regular beachbreaks and give it a review

Comment

I have had the opportunity to demo both the VG and the Nano. Surfed the VG first over 3 days, waist to just over head high nice beach break and also some full offshore slop. The thing about this board was during the first surf i was just thinking...." that's insane, what a board i havn't surfed that well in years and i have only had two waves, i am getting one" and anyone who has surfed a VG will know exacly what i mean. Even in the slop i had heaps of fun on it. I took the Nano out in the same sort of conditions over 3 days and.......... I didn't get that same feeling, i didn't get that full on feeling, the board didn't respond as well, didn't feel as fast and didn't seem to race the sections. I am not saying the Nano didn't preform as well it didn't preform the same, i know it is supposed to preform differently but it didn't have that wow factor. If I had only surfed the nano I would get one for sure but having surfed both i am going the VG, I feel overall its a better board. Maybe my DNA is suited better to the VG. One last point i feel the VG picked up waves easier. Anyone else had similar or reversed experiences.

Comment

thanks for the info seabass......what size VG and Nano did you try and how much do you weigh.

Thanks

Comment

Fazza I tried 6'0 in both and currently pushing 95kgs getting fat at the moment. The volume felt good on both. I want to give the Nano ago again because i keep reading and hearing its the game changer its the most amazing board ever so i want to make sure it wasn't me or the waves on those days. But, like I said the VG just preformed in anything and everything, even get this when i was heading in and you know when the white water might suck up to a little wave right near the beach, I thought i see if i can get up and ride this and sure enough up and away i went got little back hander, unbelivable the VG is my next board.

Comment

• Fazza
                    Fazza commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yeah i am hearing the same about the board. I know the Nano has a bit more rocker and should be sized slightly bigger than the VG but then you would need the 6'2 Nano which is pushing 44ltrs and thats a big jump from the 6'0......cheers let us know how you go if you get to test again.

Muchos gracias, puno hvala and many thanks seabass. After all, Tomo did come out with the VG after the Nano so it makes sense from an evolution time line that the VG would feel this way. Still its very helpful to have read your post.

Comment

Just picked up my 6'2" fst futures shod nano with TP1 thruster set. Now for some swell.

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Will be keen to hear your take, Pete. I have been eyeballing a 5'6 myself.
                  Working...
                  X