X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano vs ADDvance?

I'm posting this message with a heavy heart. Since the arrival -- actually more like since the conception -- of my 4 month old son, I've barely been in the water. Not only that, I'm like 25 lbs heavier and out of paddle shape. That being said, I've been looking into a 6-6 ADDvance at ~48L. Then I saw a Nano at 6-4 ~47L and everything I thought I knew was out the window. Please, any insight would help. I know those with the ADD swear by it. I'm looking for an easy paddler and enough response to get me back to that "intermediate" level.

Sorry I can't edit, but I am worried that the ADDvance is made to work at that level of foam while the Nano isn't.

Comment

You're spot on. The Nano is designed to be ridden small while the Addvance is a high volume board. The two really aren't comparable.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe...there is a glimmer of hope.
        Actually, it's a shining beacon of hope.
        http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/ubb...2173325&page=1
        Read on until you get to the dims the op is riding.

Comment

That's what I figured Phil, but then again, the vol calculator has me up there around 47L with this 'baby weight'. 6-2 245# it might not be as floaty as it sounds. . . Cuddle I think you're right, that guy and I have similar goals: easy to paddle and fun. I'm going to feel one up this morning and I'll keep an eye out for a used ADDy.

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah if you're packing some weight thats a different story. For a

I'd like to get my hands on one just to see how wide that tail is. On a 6'4" with that tail and not too much rocker I have to imagine that it would catch anything.

Comment

Working...
          X