X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is bigger better

Hi everyone. I'm new here and strung between 2 boards. I'm 103kg, average fitness, intermediate ability, and 90% of the time surf beach breaks anywhere from knee high to a few feet over head. What am I better off with, a Nano or a VG? And way more importantly what size? Thanks

I looked at the volume calculator and the volume range is ridiculous. Thanks again

Comment

I'd be looking around 38-40l at your weight.

Comment

Jaydog I am the same weight as you of good fitness and very good ability, I have been riding a VG 6'2" and could not be happier I would not go smaller if I was you as you will struggle catching anything. I have been riding the VG for 12 months and have a Nano 6'2" on order and I mean I have been waiting since January and still don't know why it's not here "Australia". I thought I would try a Nano just for something different again and see what happens if it's average it will end up on Evil Bay within a week and I'll get another VG in LFT.

Comment

• core personal training
          Editing a comment
          nn66, vg lft due in a couple of weeks.. spose your nano too??? fingers crossed for ya... ive been getting frothed out with these swells on the tiny feeling v4... solo big reef stuff...yeeeeeeeeeeeeew
          Last edited by core personal training; 03-27-2014, 10:29 PM. Reason: kant spel goode

ok great. I was thinking as I'm in a rippy line up the higher volume might be better.

Now to decide between Nano and VG.... But like you said nn66, nono Nano's in Australia at the moment...

Comment

jaydog, I have tried both boards only briefly mind you and i have gone a VG but saying that the nano was still a lot of fun. The one thing i noticed is the nano was easier to paddle around but i felt the VG picked up waves easier??? I think i said in a previous post it could been the waves on the day etc. Also felt on the beach break the VG just gets up and moving faster then the Nano as is ore suited to fast close out waves and i would go as small as possible on the VG. VG is a super fun board. Good luck with the choice its a hard one.

Comment

Hi everyone I'm looking for dome Nano sizing opinions if anyone cares to input. Currently on a 6'8 Hellfire and 6'6 dominator both padle pretty well and volumes suit thier purpose , I also have a number of other boards in around those volumes but in sizing the Nano my concern is paddle with the increased rocker. My current shortest board is 6'3 but flat and my more rockered boards are 6'8 the volume on the 6'2 nano is about the low end of what I normally surf and the 6'4 is a few litres up on any thing I surf but I am not sure if this will be required because of the rocker. Also not being able to see one this long locally I am not sure how the volume is placed if it is centrally it wouldnt worry me too much but if it is out towards the rails and nose I would be concerned. I am 54 at 105 kg had a shoulder reconstruction which aggravates if too much demand is put on it, surfing 3 times a week in waiste to just overhead beachies and reef breaks.
            5'10 sweet potato was great , 6'4 Dominator was great but I ran out of shoulders, 6'6 Dominator is good fun easy paddle, 6'6 Chubby Chedda was great but I ran out off shoulders, 6'8 Hellfire is great, look forward your input.

Comment

Working...
            X