X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano vs Unibrow

Anyone here ride both a uni/nano? Looking for a 2 board quiver. Already have a SP for 1-4. Looking for a 2nd board to handle 4-7 ft. Trying to decide between Uni/Nano for So Cal beach breaks. Any advice/thoughts? I love the SP so my original thought was to go w/another Dan Mann shape, but have been enamored with the boards Tomo has been putting out and the nano in particular has me drooling.

I had a custom Nano a couple of years ago. Loved it. I bought a Unibrow and sold it after 5 sessions...I must be one of the rare people that didn't click with the board.

Comment

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you more of a front foot surfer? Seems like Dan Manns shapes are more about the back foot than the front.

I've got a Unibrow, and it's amazing board. It absolutely flies and catches waves so easily. That said, I would also like a Nano, and I'm aware there might be some overlap. It's a difficult choice if you are only going with one of them...

Comment

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you ridden the nano at all to compare? I guess I'm just gonna have to try and demo them both if possible. Both seem awesome and we have 2 votes so far, one for each.

I have both the Uni and Nano, both in FST, both identical volume. I love the Uni, but haven't been out on it since getting the Nano....new board froth still!
    The Nano definitely paddles better for same volume, and is faster, it's been a while since i was out on the Uni, so prob need to take it out again before making any other comparisons, i was loving the Uni until the Nano showed up. Have had the Nano out in most conditions. I think with either board you will only need to use your SP for 1 - 2 ft, 3ft + and it's Uni or Nano all the way. Had the Nano out in 2ft shories today, thing flew, awesome fun. Prob was a day for my SP, but having too much fun on the Nano atm.

Comment

• Fazza
      Fazza commented
      Editing a comment
      what size is your nano and uni?

• powman
      powman commented
      Editing a comment
      5'10 Nano + 6'2 Uni

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeeeeeewwwwwwwwww Love the stoke! I'm pumped

BFILK, nah I haven't had the pleasure of trying out a Nano. No place to demo it here. Actually, since my last post I've been in touch with the Firewire rep here, and I'm now thinking about a VG or a Vader instead of a Nano...

Comment

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep us posted if you pick one up, have heard nothing but great things about the VG

Thought I'd update in case anyone cares. Ended up picking up a Nano and am loving it, talked to Chuy (he is the man) and he persuaded me to go nano (by his comments on what its best for, he actually says he rides the uni the most). Riding it as a Tri and the MPH really gives a very diff feel when you are on the wave. Its like floating or something instead of being pushed, tough to explain but its unreal. I imagine I'd love the uni too, just the opportunity came up to pickup a nano first and I jumped on it. I don't think you can buy a Firewire and regret it, period!

Comment

• Josh BL
      Josh BL commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good way to explain how the MPH rides. Definitely one of those things you have to experience to understand though.

- FIJ

• Alex72
      Alex72 commented
      Editing a comment
      BFILK, what size did you get?

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      I was debating between 6'2 and 6'4 and ended up finding a 6'4 so I took a chance. Probably could've went 6'2 but I'm not noticing any issues w the 6'4 volume. Super impressed w it, my first Tomo, highly recommend.
Working...
X