X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Firewire Nano sizing question

Ok so I would like try the Nano. But I do have a question regarding volume. I am almost 50 years, 5'10" 190lb almost always wear a 3/2 wetsuit. I have not had a firewire before. So I have no idea on how the float feels compared to a poly/eps board. I currently ride a performance hybrid board, Roberts WD2 sized at 5'10" with a volume of 32.5. And my grovell board< roberts Mutant 5'8" volumed at 34ltr. I will be riding the Nano in thigh to head high Ventura county waves. I am torn between the 5'8 @ 31.8 seems like not enough, or the 5'9" 33.8 seems like too much.

I want the high perfomance feel But I also want to be able to catch waves easily, I need to be able to get in early as most spots I surf tend to be crowded. Will I give up too much performance by going on the higher volume size? Or does this board perform regardless. I have had boards under volumed in the past 29-30ltrs and they where not very fun had to work way to hard to get waves.

Thanks

go 5.8 Im 205 riding 5,9 and could easily drop down

Comment

Does the design of the board allow you to go less volume then a standard poly? How are the rails on the Nano? Does the board paddle as well as say a normal board with eaqual or more volume?

Comment

Yes all tomos are designed to be ridden as small as possible. Rails are like a 6,4 shortboard say a MB with 4 inches cut off top and bottom.

Comment

Working...
        X