Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been surfing the best waves we've had for a while here at home and some exceptional beachbreak waves in Northern NSW last weekend with the TP1 thruster fins and really getting to like them. Just that little bit better pivot compared to the quad set of TP1 fronts with Kinetic quad (L) trailers.
    Have to wait for small stuff to try my demented idea of controller fronts with a small trailer.

Comment

I have been riding my Nano 6'2" for a month now exclusively with Lost Future MB2 Thruster set and I have no complaints they have been great in all types of waves, I actually put them up against my old favourite JC1 Fins and they are exactly the same just newer technology. I have not ridden the Nano as a quad and probably won't as my Vanguard went so well as a thruster and okay as a quad.

Comment

Forever the fin experimenter I put the fronts from a Futures controllers set into the front plugs of my nano.
        That's right...you heard me. Futures controllers.
        It'll never work you cry.
        Well, I'm here to tell you that teamed up with an SB1 (sidebite usually used with in a 2+1 setup) in the rear thruster plug and it's on for all kinds of small wave shenanigans.
        Drive from the big swept back keels and loose in the tail with the little trailer. Tails slides at will but not sliding out on solid pumps.
        Heaps of fun in knee to thigh high clean waves the last 2 surfs.
        Before the rock throwing starts I'm putting my TP1 thruster set back in as soon as it gets waist high again.
        But for micro stuff there's nothing to lose.
        I'd love to get my mitts on some Akila Aipa twins or AMT robbers to try as well.

Comment

thanks for all the fin feedback. couldn't do it without you guys!

Comment

just posted in the other thread....ran the full AMT 2 + 1 set today, went really well in punchy 2 - 3ft beach break, plenty of drive, and much looser than the MB2 set i've been running. Tightened up the turning radius as well, def my go to fin set up for under 3ft.

Comment

those hefty inside foils on the blackstix hold a lot of water. I like the EAs in average waves, lots of drive from a smaller fin, but if you're going quick in more powerful waves sometimes it feels like the water can't release off that foil quick enough unless you can really over power them.
              that could be why the rusty set felt track as i expect you were motoring with them on the nano and it's a bigger fin.

Comment

• cuttlefish
                cuttlefish commented
                Editing a comment
                What you've said makes sense. Good stuff.

Ah, superb feedback Phil, I think I just learned something. Thanks for the post.

Comment

I initially used the EA blackstix (thruster) on my 5'10" Nano and didnt like it so I moved to the MB2's (thruster) and was still hating the board, it was smooth and paddled well but to surf it just wasnt doing it until I recently moved to the MB2 quad setup. I was at the point where I was going to offlad it and now its my favourite board, its fast, loose and so much more fun truely an amazing board and great setup!

Comment

Originally posted by boranup View Post
                  I initially used the EA blackstix (thruster) on my 5'10" Nano and didnt like it so I moved to the MB2's (thruster) and was still hating the board, it was smooth and paddled well but to surf it just wasnt doing it until I recently moved to the MB2 quad setup. I was at the point where I was going to offlad it and now its my favourite board, its fast, loose and so much more fun truely an amazing board and great setup!
                  Wow, I can't imagine my Nano in a quad set-up. I'm already finding it too fast in a thruster set-up! I keep thinking of new ways to kill speed, so I can get in the barrel.

Comment

Working...
                  X