Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360, what paddles best around the lineup and into waves for you the VG or V4?

Comment

Thanks for the info, 360. I'm in board shorts most of the year, and then just a spring suit in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, so I don't need to worry about the extra weight of a heavy wetsuit. My other boards are 28L, so if I went for a 5'7 Nano it would be might highest volume board. Do you think this is the way to go? I thought the MPHs didn't need more volume...

Comment

• cuttlefish
        cuttlefish commented
        Editing a comment
        If you ever decide to buy a house I pity the poor real estate agent.
        It's not like your life or livelihood depends upon the board size.

• Goodfish
        Goodfish commented
        Editing a comment
        What are you talking about, cuttlefish!?!? IT DOES! IT DOES!

Goodfish, Before the Nano I had a 6'2 and 6'4 Hellfire. Both had a lot less volume but were longer in length. Still, the Nano feels smaller, turns quicker and pumps down the line faster. The Nano also seems to sit lower in the water.... The Nano is also easier and more intuitive to ride for me..... Honestly the firewire's hold their value really well so if you decide you want to go smaller you'll be able to get almost all your money back if you sell it...

Comment

Hi there,
        So I have got the full quiver too.;-o,plus since my 5,6Vg has self-destroyed twice and has got docent of dings already I also ordered I FST 5,5 VG.
        Only two surfs with the Nano so far.The first one was in crappy surf but as predicted it went unreal.Easy take off, paddle great and speed from the start.
        Todays was my secant surf in punchy beach break.I was pretty tired and still got nice waves.

Under my feet it feels smoother,cleaner maybe, than the VG.That is probably because it does not have channels.
        Clean lines and a lot of release; i alms spanned around on a big cutback which I haven't yet been able with the VG.

In comparison the 5,5Vg paddles way worse than the 5,6VG and the 5,6 Nano.Dont ask me what..the three of them have the same vol. but the 5.5 VG is narrower.

My 5,10 V4 goes great, forgiving take off(as much as the VG) and a lot of speed.

Now that I have the 4 of them I think I am overlapping a little bit.

If I had to get rid of some I would leave the V4 out.

I prefer all of them with the thruster set up,Parko Kinetics.And when on quad I use Kelly´s.

Comment

Originally posted by Waxer View Post
          Goodfish, Before the Nano I had a 6'2 and 6'4 Hellfire. Both had a lot less volume but were longer in length. Still, the Nano feels smaller, turns quicker and pumps down the line faster. The Nano also seems to sit lower in the water.... The Nano is also easier and more intuitive to ride for me..... Honestly the firewire's hold their value really well so if you decide you want to go smaller you'll be able to get almost all your money back if you sell it...
          Yeah, you're right. I'm just constantly looking for my one dream board...

Comment

NANO Surf report

I surfed the 5'5" in overhead plus sized surf at Moss Landing this weekend. The pic I pulled from google images is a good example of the size and shape of Moss Landing on Sunday. This board loved good sized top to bottom beach break with loads of power. The hold and release seemed right at home on vertical walls. The rocker was a huge help when taking off late and deep. My set up was the same as I have been riding ( tri-fin AM fins) I think my favorite part of this board is that you can muscle the board and load it or if you want or ride it like a fish all on the same wave. It truly is an all in one board. I would feel good going on a trip just with this board as it can handle most conditions but really comes to life on any wave with a wall or a section to hit from waist high to well overhead.
            Last edited by 360air; 06-16-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

NANO Surf report

I surfed the 5'5" in overhead plus sized surf at Moss Landing this weekend. The pic I pulled from google images is a good example of the size and shape of Moss Landing on Sunday. This board loved good sized top to bottom beach break with loads of power. The hold and release seemed right at home on vertical walls. The rocker was a huge help when taking off late and deep. My set up was the same as I have been riding ( tri-fin AM fins) I think my favorite part of this board is that you can muscle the board and load it or if you want or ride it like a fish all on the same wave. It truly is an all in one board. I would feel good going on a trip just with this board as it can handle most conditions but really comes to life on any wave with a wall or a section to hit from waist high to well overhead.

Comment

Stoked on the support 360 air, that setup looks insane and that picture makes it look like that wave can get pretty fun. Thanks for the report as well!

Comment

Working...
                X