Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those struggling with how to size the Nano.

Help is on the way:) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sX6OziqQjh8

Ah, I think a light bulb went off in my head regarding the stance, very very key info.

Comment

I love Shred Show. Good detailed reviews and loads of board pron. My 5'6 Nano is arriving sooooooooon!

Comment

If that's critical with the stance, and he's talking about dan having a wide stance who's on the 5'3, it makes a lot of the sizes seem pointless unless you're an NBA player.

Comment

• Fazza
          Fazza commented
          Editing a comment
          Bring back the Poo stance............. :)

Haha, imagine some short chubby guys who got a 6' board trying to get their foot on that sweet spot...

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          One for the gymnasts! I still reckon the VG is more size critical. I've heard plenty of reports from people on larger nanos saying best board ever so I think shred show is off the mark here.

Well, based on Tomos sizing suggestion of chin height, then a 5'6" would put it the the very low end of my preferred volume or high end performance wise. I'll have to visit a shop and see were my stance lines up but I anticipate it being on the mark with a 5'6". Yea def no Inca sh%$ stance here bro, hellz no :)

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Chin height is next gens (vanguard, Vader, Deathstar etc). Round nose MPHs like Nano, V4, Psyko are bridge of nose/eye level.
          That's why it confuses me a little that they made the stock dims for the nano and vanguard similar volumes at the same length. I'd expect the vanguard to be ridden shorter. Tomo is on a 5'1 Vader and a 5'3 nano for example

• aurfalien
          aurfalien commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, key info, thanks Phil. Eye level def increases volume making me more comfy with it all.

I'm calling BS. A wide stance just means you have a wider range to shift center of gravity. Besides, most people are deciding between at most 2" increments in board sizes.

Comment

• aurfalien
          aurfalien commented
          Editing a comment
          I found this interesting;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85qe5w-b5dU

While I'm not the best surfer, or any good for that matter, I think a stance not a lot wider then shoulder width is key. And 2" is pretty huge in terms of a sweet spot. At least from what I've experienced.

• michaels39
          michaels39 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed about the stance. What I'm saying is that board only knows center of gravity. Ever done a cheater 5 on a shorter board? Your center is way back even though your foot might be hanging off of the front. I'm 5'10 (but thick at 185) and ride a 5'9" nano. Feels perfect for me. No way you can size these strictly by height.

hey guys definitely not. i still rely on volume as my starting point when choosing any board. even Tomos. in all industries, ski, snow, surf, design has changed so much that there are no longer the same parallels between length, stance and surfer height etc. i always start with volume and feel around to try to gauge where a lot of the volume falls and relate that to what i know that i like...

also its important to keep in mind that everyone chooses a board differently so there is merit out there in alternative methods...

Comment

chris what size is your nano??? 5'6?

Comment

hey kdropin,

yeah i am on the 506. i weigh 175 and ride that 29 +/- for my performance/performance hybrids.

Comment

Working...
            X