X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano vs Chubby Chedda

Hi guys , how would you compare the nano with a chubby chedda of about the same volume ?

hey the nano is definitely a good bit different and a less conventional ride. The CC feels like a shorter/wider/flatter traditional thruster. You would find it draws similar lines to a shortboard and you might even feel you don't have to adjust your mechanics much. The Nano, rides shorter and wants you to get all your weight back on the tail. Once there, its a little more playful, likes to release but is super fast. It kind of redefines the length to volume ratio so your response is what you would expect with a shorter board, but the performance is still there as the Nano has a nice rocker in the nose. Both are super fun, CC trending more traditional while the nano gets more post-modern.

hope this helps some

Comment

Tks Chris. I am 5'10 and 190lbs Do you think the 5'9 would be fine for me ? Today I ride a 5'10 Rusty Dwart (35l) ...

Comment

rjbr19, i'm 180-185 and ride a 5'9 and am pleased. I would not wanna go any bigger. The volume would likely suit you, but make sure the length is right....your front foot needs to be slightly forward of center to get its "sweet spot"...i've thought about going for the 5'8 because the proper stance seems a little wide for me on the 5'9...it works for me most of the time, but if i don't nail the stance on pop up and don't have time to adjust its pretty evident I'm not in the right spot.... not saying this isn't the case with other boards, but just seems more pronounced on the nano. Funny thing is, its still an extremely forgiving board, if that makes sense....im 5'11 fyi...the stance is explained in detail on the shred show review on the Nano, if you haven't seen it...

Comment

Shred show guy is not the messiah (of surfboard design), he's just a hyper-active boy!
          That's a modified para-phrasing of a line from Monty Python's Life of Brian for you young whippersnappers.
          If you use a Poo man stance you'd be suprised how much you can extend your usual stance to find the sweet spot and still have your back foot square on the back of the tail pad.
          Last edited by cuttlefish; 06-13-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X