X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a Nano?

I demoed a Nano and VG. I went the VG for performance value but now i am thinking do i need a Nano as well as it sounds like its a good all rounder. But I am thinking the overlap would be to great and ulitmatly one would sit in the truck 90% of the time. Any thoughts anyone have both yet. I am thinking the nano will cover the lower softer wave and the VG cleaner more powerful. I don't have a grovel board at moment and really don't think i need one as if its that small i'll grab a coffee.

i rode the vg from 1 foot to whatever... no groveller required for me...or any other board in sub huge waves..

Comment

Reckon the Vg has the Nano covered like a cheap suit. All over it. Ridden the Nano briefly but long enough. Not saying it's not an excellent board, it is. But the Vg takes the chocolates for me and with wider wave range IMO. Alas what core says. So if you can work the vg, no need for a Nano
      Last edited by Denchy; 06-18-2014, 06:14 AM.

Comment

a stubby nano groveller sounds like fun though!

Comment

• cuttlefish
          cuttlefish commented
          Editing a comment
          Crickets...I hear crickets chirping!
          Lol!

For me, the Nano and VG cover the same size wave. If the waves were clean, I would want the VG because it turns so well but it requires me to be well prepared for the wave, with my feet right and ready to draw some clean lines down face. But if it were junky I would prefer the Nano, because if I take off late, get my foot placement wrong, I can lean forward or backward in a desperate effort to make a section, and the board will keep working.

Comment

I find the VG works in almost anything but it's those junk days. As I said previous wish FW and tomo bring out a fang bang groveller. Thanks for input I might hold off see what else is on horizon. Is the the double agent only new grovel board out for FW this year?????

Comment

• surfinsmiley
            surfinsmiley commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been thinking the same thing, I want a VG Groveller!

I have owned a earlier version of the Nano way back in the day and rode the new FW version at the Boardroom Demo. I also rode the Vanguard at the demo which I was way more excited about but I think I'm going to buy a Nano over a Vanguard. That being said, I rode the 504 VG which was slightly too small for me while I rode the 505 Nano which was a perfect size. Maybe it was sizing, maybe it was familiarity with the Nano shape, but whatever the reason was the Nano worked better for me.

Comment

I might go a spitfire for the bottom end never had one.

Comment

• Slowman
              Slowman commented
              Editing a comment
              It's not a bad option, it's how I use mine - also as a crowdbuster in average waves

I have both the VG and Nano, I must say the VG has just been collecting dust. The tighter turning radius and forgiving nose of the Nano makes it much easier to surf a wide variety of waves in my experience. Both boards are great but as you know you always have a favorite!

Comment

I must say running the nano with controller fonts and a longboard sidebite in the rear thruster plug turns the nano into a thigh high and below ripper.
              Can't wait to get some AMT's or Akila Aipa twins to run in it.
              Amazingly versatile board is the nano.
              Edit: Just scored some T1 twins in the Futures composite material to try.
              Shop staff from whence I bought my nano saw me surfing the nano with controllers the other day and reckons I was ripping so it must work ok I guess.
              Last edited by cuttlefish; 06-23-2014, 11:23 PM.

Comment

thats a killer idea for the fin set up. drop a pic in of that one!

Comment

T1's and SB1 trailer.
                  http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1agls9gc.jpg

Comment

Good stuff cuttlefish! I should of given my AMT's and controllers a go before I forked out for EA Blackstix :(

Comment

Mind you it's just for sub waist high stuff...if you run your controller fronts I'd just use a really small trailer in the centre box not the entire controller set.

Comment

Yeah I know what your saying. I don't like the full controller set in any board personally. I use AMT front with controller rears in my groveler, full controllers feel too tracky. I was thinking more the full AMT set including the little finger fin in the rear box.

Comment

• cuttlefish
                          cuttlefish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The AMT fronts/controller rears dates back to my experiments with the baked potato when it first came out.
                          I'm fully claiming that combo as the "Cuttlefish" combo LOL!

• Toobz
                          Toobz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "Cuttlefish combo" works magic in my Lost Couch Potato.
                      Working...
                      X