X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'6 Nano in Bali...

First of all, I've just gotta say I think this is the best board I've owned. I'm 6', 76kg, and 34 years old. My first surf was an eye-opener. It flies, and feels like a skateboard to turn. It makes a high-pitch humming sound when it's starts to really fly, but I've had word that this is because the fins are not releasing cleanly. I've been surfing in in a thruster set-up with FCS II Carbon Reactors. Despite this, I just love the board. Looks cool, feels great, surfs silky. The board just moves!

I've surfed it mainly in the beachbreaks around Canggu, but also given it a run out at Balangan. Worked great in both areas, and there's a decent looking swell tomorrow...YEW!

Surfed it in overhead conditions this morning. It was hard work getting into the waves because they were moving fast. Swell was 7.5ft @ 17 seconds, so there was some power to it. However, once I was up and running, it still flew...

Comment

Holy cow, I would say that would have some power. Did you like you can draw a vertical lines?

Comment

Jealous of your maximum scoreage in Bali! How long are you there for ?

Comment

Chris, I liked the turns off the top it could make when the swell was around head-high, but for the last two days I've just been trying to outrun the beasts! Phill, I'm in Indo for the whole month of July...Gonna try to go over to West Java area next week...

Comment

Took my Nano down to Medewi for a couple of days recently. Over-head and pumping! It was perfect for the Nano 'cos the waves were just hugging the point making it easy to take off and get turning...Got some super long rides with countless turns and it sped through the fatter sections.

Had it out at head-high Berawa this morning. I'm really growing into the board now, but definitely feel it likes the head-high or just over, but difficult to get into anything much bigger. However, that probably says more for my paddling skills than the board...The waves have so much more power here and move much faster before breaking, but I feel it would work in OH conditions in Taiwan and Europe really well.

On a sad note, I think it means my 59 'Unibrow will soon be leaving my quiver. I love my Uni, but I don't think it will see much action seeing as it surfs pretty much the same wave range...
            Last edited by Goodfish; 07-19-2014, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X