X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano or VG for average surfer

Hola everybody. I've been up in the air about getting another board. I love my 5'10 Spitfire, probably the best board I've ever had, but all the buzz and praise over the Tomo boards is giving me the itch again. Not alot of demo opportunities where I'm at so I figured I'd ask on here...for an "average on my best days" surfer that doesn't normally get great quality waves, should I go Nano or VG? I've had the opportunity to feel up both boards and they both feel great under the arm...just looking for some info from the guys that've given them both a run. Thanks.

Nano will be more forgiving and work better with extra volume than the vanguard will IMO.

Comment

Hey Zach, I recently scratched that same itch and went with a Nano. I hadn't ridden either board but figured that, as a once a week New England surfer, the Nano would get more use.

Comment

There's a reason why the vanguard is in a different catergory than the nano on the website.
        Just for starters...Look at the nose of the vanguard.
        Look at the nose of the nano.
        Ask yourself..."self, which one of these can I bog easier in turns?"

Comment

yeah the Nano, overall is a more user friendly board I would say. The Vanguard has its specialties, but The Nano is quite reliable in a wide range of conditions.

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody. And cuttlefish, I did ask myself....and myself agreed about bogging in turns. Definitely going to start pestering the wifey for a Nano.

Comment

Lol. I speak from experience on the predilection to bog the nose on the vanguard.
              The nano no such worries.
              It's like a labrador with teeeeth!

Comment

I appreciate everything, but I just found out I'm going to Galveston, TX next summer for 3 years....so no need for a Nano there, guess I'm gonna grab a potato.

Comment

I have been a Vanguard Boy from the moment I got one...1.5 years ago. The best board ever!!! then I got a nano about 2 weeks ago and danged if it might not be better...Just as good for sure. I have a 5'5 VG and a 5'6 Nano. The Nano feels more fluid to me. Like a snake S-ing its way thru melted butter with the ability to Strike anytime a lip shows up. I can make frontside cutbacks to the pocket better and smoother on the Nano. The VG may be just a touch faster at top end speed but the Nano is right there... both boards faster than any hi performance boards. I realize the Nano is listed as a hybrid, but its hi performance but very user friendly....Makes waist hi to head hi waves soooo fun...

Comment

• Nelson GoldCoast
                    Nelson GoldCoast commented
                    Editing a comment
                    best nano froth yet i might have to demo one of these buttery snakes
                Working...
                X